What's new

Snow Wolf 200w [temp. control] Is This NormaL?

astralvape

Initiate
I love the Snow Wolf 200w (by Asmodus), and i would say it is the best vape box mod device i have tried, but theres just one niggling little problem with it that i don't understand.
I want to understand it so i Hope you can help me:

I have only used the 0.5ohm coil head.

i have no intention of really using the Ni200 nickel temp. coil -or- the temp control feature of the Snow wolf. But to my confusion, the first 2 or 3 times i used the snow wolf 200w, with the brand new 0.5ohm coil head installed - the device actually allowed me to vary the Temperature up and down.

I was on the Fahrenheit readout and i could go up and down, i was confused because i thought maybe i had put the wrong coil in.. I double checked and it was definitely the 0.5 BUT. I couldn't access the Wattage.. i was trying to put the wattage up but the only thing the + and - buttons would let me control was the temperature.
huh.gif

It was a bit alarming as i didn't feel comfortable being at 620 Fahrenheit (and rising!) and wondering if i was doing something wrong. I could only get it to eventually select the Wattage by stumbling upon pressing both + and - at the same time; when i did this the plus and minus buttons switched to controlling the Wattage up and down, but the temp readout was still viewable on the left of the display and i was able to switch between them by pressing the + and - simultaneously. I told myself it wasn't an issue BUT what concerned me greatly was that I even have access to the temperature feature.. because i chose the 0.5ohm resistance coils precisely to avoid that feature.). I went back to the vape shop and the Lady (who uses a Snow Wolf 75w version said that she hadn't heard of this and told me to contact your technical dept. direct.

As i said i have ONLY ever used the 0.5 coils in this device, does the above description of my experience mean that my device is faulty? it STILL allows me to take the temp up and down, instead of displaying the word 'POWER' like i have seen on other peoples.. why would i have had access to the temp? and should i be concerned if it lets me edit the temperature - should i seek a refund/replacement device?

Kind Regards and thanks for reading about my situation, any other forum users experience would be of significant interest to me here, because i'm unfortunately not having any luck with Asmodus (the company that make the Snow Wolf) technical support.

Thank You All!

Back
Top Bottom