What's new

sony vtc shelf life

tomkz18

Postman
Hi I may or may not be in the right section so you'll have to forgive me if I'm not but I got a vtc5 and 4 the vtc5 is about a year old but wasn't really put through much strain as I didn't sub ohm that often back then and the vtc4 is about 6 months ish but was sub ohm'd much more I was thinking of re-wrapping them because I've not used them in a long time but was wondering about the shelf life and if it'll be safe to continue to use them thanks in advance.

Hi I may or may not be in the right section so you'll have to forgive me if I'm not but I got a vtc5 and 4 the vtc5 is about a year old but wasn't really put through much strain as I didn't sub ohm that often back then and the vtc4 is about 6 months ish but was sub ohm'd much more I was thinking of re-wrapping them because I've not used them in a long time but was wondering about the shelf life and if it'll be safe to continue to use them thanks in advance.

I wouldn't call myself an expert with batteries but in terms of shelf life my vtc5s (matched pair) I got from myepack about a year ago has been used to power atties at res all the way down to .2 and they're still going strong

Easiest way to tell is do a capacity test to check they are > 75%-80% capacity, IIRC the rating is down to 2.5 V, but most testers will stop at a higher voltage.

Easiest way to tell is do a capacity test to check they are > 75%-80% capacity, IIRC the rating is down to 2.5 V, but most testers will stop at a higher voltage.

Thanks man I'll run some tests on my multimeter

Batteries tend to be classed by charging cycles rather then shelf life.

As VTCs were made for the OMD market, and vary depending upon the OEM’s requirements, I think you will find it hard to find a answer to your question that is anything other then speculation.

My VTC 4's and 5's, almost a year now and still got a lot of juice.

Charging them up as soon as it hits 50%.

I abused them, minimum .2 and and super sub ohm.

Using it on a single tube, dual parallel mech mods.

And my only 2 VW mod Sigilei 100 V1 and my recently purchase Snow Wolf.

Vaping between 80-120 watts

Back
Top Bottom