What's new

Squid Industries Double Barrel mod 3FVape

Phewblimeycough - mine almost stopped working just now. Blew hard into the top of the gap around the fire button. Lots* of liquid came out. Mopped inside and out with some tissue and it's fine now. Better than earlier in fact. Might want to give that a try with yours @Mawsley you never know. There was no outside sign of any leakage.

*some
Mine has gone off in an envelope.

Vendor has confirmed that my DB is fucked.

They asked me if I wanted a replacement when stock comes in - anybody want to hazard a guess at my answer?

Vendor has confirmed that my DB is fucked.

They asked me if I wanted a replacement when stock comes in - anybody want to hazard a guess at my answer?

80967188.jpg

Anybody taken one apart? Just wondered if there's room for an OKR in there if you removed the screen?

Just thinking of a way to unbrick one if someone ends up lumbered

Anybody taken one apart? Just wondered if there's room for an OKR in there if you removed the screen?

Just thinking of a way to unbrick one if someone ends up lumbered
I'm trying to do just that, but the newer ones have the top section glued in, which the earlier models don't. I've fecked my button trying to push the works out of the housing as I wanted to get a good look at their battery contacts and the glue has moved and made the button action spongy. If and when the replacement arrives I'll try harder.

This was interesting:

http://www.thevapingforum.com/Thread-Squid-Industries-double-barrel-issue

Okay, just received my first Squid Industries mod - it's not the double barrel or TAC21, but i thought i still complain about it here and have someone pat me on the back and say "my my" or something.

Ordered a stainless Detonator 120w because i think it'd look the tits with my Vapor Giant V5S (and it does). Problem being, the main body is scratched, there's a pinhole punched through it in the sidewall, and the display is either 2mm cracked or there's something behind the glass that makes it look like it's cracked (i can't feel a crack, but it looks like one and shaking doesn't remove it). It was unopened, wrapped in plastic and bought from a reputable dealer in the UK, with UK stock, so it's not a 3A/3Fvape or chinese vendor flaw.

There's no QC. For a mod at that price point, that's a joke and a half. It obviously goes back tomorrow, i asked the company to open the intended replacement and check for blemishes before sending it out, because it does look the business with my tanks. If the replacement is okay, fine - but so far i'm really, REALLY not impressed with Squid Industries considering the money they charge.

Best of luck with the replacement - I'd intended to use mine with a Vapor Giant too but the v5M ended up looking a little unwieldy on it imo so there's a Churchill Perla on there now. /Fascinating stuff from me here.

Back
Top Bottom