What's new

Squid Industries Double Barrel mod 3FVape

I can at least get batteries in this one. To be honest I'm in two minds at the moment. Half of me is happy to at least have a DB that works ........ and half of me thinks I shouldn't have to accept damage on a new mod .... no matter how small. That little gouge is a tell-tale as to the struggle they must have had initially as well. I'm mulling it over for a while.

Think about how much you paid for it. I’d be initiating the paypal claim. They’ll provide you with a postage label to send it back.

Think about how much you paid for it. I’d be initiating the paypal claim. They’ll provide you with a postage label to send it back.
True ... but I do now have two, and as the new one works I now feel safe to have a 'proper' go at the original one. The fact that 3FVape tried to accuse me of 'breaking the battery door' in my initial struggles with it proved it was a catch 22. Now I have a replacement I can go at it no holds barred! :D

Hmm, that’s a good point. But I’d be looking at it as a matter of principle. They sent you a mod that doesn’t work, then they replaced it with a damaged one that only works because they did the battery hammering technique on it before they sent it out.

Hmm, that’s a good point. But I’d be looking at it as a matter of principle. They sent you a mod that doesn’t work, then they replaced it with a damaged one that only works because they did the battery hammering technique on it before they sent it out.
But on the other hand, I did ask for a replacement rather than a refund in the first place, and I was happy to let them test the second one before they sent it. At the time, I was happier to be honest, as I was scared of ending up back at square 1. I'm still pissed off with the way 3FVape have handled this, but I want to be fair.

I'd try and forget it happened rather than end up all bent out of shape about it & prolonging the thing. But I'm tired today.
Have fun with the first one though, maybe get someone to encase it in resin or something.

Well my one is essentially fucked. The battery door won’t stay on now. Absolutely gutted to be honest as for the last 4-5 days it’s been great. Feels great in the hand. Seems like one of the lugs on the battery door has worn away in less than 7 battery changes.
Not a happy camper right now. :17:

Well my one is essentially fucked. The battery door won’t stay on now. Absolutely gutted to be honest as for the last 4-5 days it’s been great. Feels great in the hand. Seems like one of the lugs on the battery door has worn away in less than 7 battery changes.
Not a happy camper right now. :17:
Oh Jesus .... not another one! :17:

That was essentially one of my concerns - that the force needed to stuff the batteries in was putting an unacceptable stress on the battery door lugs. Remind me where yours was from?

And I'm really sorry. :(

I'm warming to this...

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-batteries-mods-armour-pro-vape-mod-vaporeso

not exactly high end or anything but it looks a lot smarter and cleaner than a lot of chinese mods coming out these days.

I saw that too, i just am not a big fan of the screen being the firing button. Don't know, just feels "off". Just to be clear, i don't need it to be high end, i ordered an EHPro 101 instead of a Dicodes for my Kayfun Prime, it's more a style thing - usually more expensive stuff just doesn't look tacky/cheap (Taifun box etc). For example, i do also kind of like this one.

https://ialphafox.com/product/famas-100w-tc-mod/?age-verified=ab805bff0c

Although that's already kinda borderline, if the next Detonator doesn't work out, i'll have a closer look at that one (never owned or even seen an Alphafox, needs research). I'm just really sad for people being really excited and passionate about something that arrives broken, often. Scares the shit out of me since i decided to get another Detonator instead of a refund.

Back
Top Bottom