What's new

Squonk Check

I know I've posted on the "What did your postie bring" but I'm fair chuffed with it so I'm posting here too :):11::)

A matching drip tip from @adjam1972 from Celtic Drip Tips for my Kenzie

20170210_123342.jpg

cheers

Gaz

Picked up my Dripbox 160 from the RM sorting office.

Great news is the bottle is indistinguishable from the Geek Vape Gbox S100 bottle, more Dripbox bottles coming from eBay and this looks interesting http://kangeronline.com/products/kanger-spare-bottle-for-dripbox 90 cents each with a cap and 880 in stock (so they say) but if from US could be a pain postage and customs wise but if from China ... [edit: site is in China so that's good] [another edit: tried placing a small order for around 12 dollars and postage came up at 35 dollars so need to check if this is a standard price maybe and covers up to a large sized order]

Initial impressions of the Dripbox 160, what a cheap piece of plastic RDA on top, will not be using that even out of curiosity, what a shame it must put off a lot of people.
The mod itself is in quarantine, airing because it stinks to high heaven of plastic chemicals, I know it will be ok after a day or two.
I like the idea of a separate cover for the bottle so you don't end up juggling batteries and bottle and cover! Magnets seem weak though but look like standard magnets so easy to replace if needs be and spare covers seem to be available.
Mod seems solid enough. 510 maybe a bit shallow but contact seems fine. Plastic buttons seem to work well, screen is ok, bit dim, menus fairly basic but has a lock for adjustment buttons which is much needed on the Gbox.
For £35 I'm happy so far and expect will be satisfied with it once it stops stinking.

Last edited:
I'd sum it up as an adequate, but not outstanding mod too @mannikon. I did have a problem with one of my attys with a shorter 510 not connecting. Solved by hooking and raising the non spring loaded 510. Temporary fix as standard attys would push the pin back in the original position. I'd only take this mod out if I was doing something likely to cause damage, and ok as a backup.

Back
Top Bottom