What's new

Stainless steel coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarbonBoy

Achiever
So, I've been experimenting. Made myself a pair of stainless steel, twisted wire coils. 8 wrap, .28 and the pair came out at .66ohm. Vaping Unicorn Tears at 35 watts.

I'm usually a kanthal vaper but experimenting keeps things interesting, right. Any suggestions for getting the best out of stainless steel?

Switch your mod over to TC mode (if it has TC of course) have a play with the temp and wattage settings until you find the right vape for you... stainless steel shines in TC in my opinion

Switch your mod over to TC mode (if it has TC of course) have a play with the temp and wattage settings until you find the right vape for you... stainless steel shines in TC in my opinion

Bloody Hell, your not kidding! Things just got interesting...

If you like big coils and low resistance, SS is a must.

I use N80 where smaller coils are called for.

Been using these coils all evening and I've noticed something quite strange. I'm getting a metallic feeling on my teeth. Not a metallic taste, but that feeling you get if you ever get even the tiniest piece of foil in your mouth.

Anybody else experienced this?

Dry burn them a bit, don't get them bright red. Give it a rinse under hot water. Build them spaced if you going TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom