What's new

Starrs - Romeo Pod - Black Carbon

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
All they want to do is go and put Starrs in their eyes...

So what do we have here a pod system which looks different but performs how a pod should...it’s the first time I’ve used a kit from these guys and I dare say it is going to b decent it doesn’t look the part so I can imagine it is all about the insides.

resize_DSC_0042.JPG
resize_DSC_0043.JPG

Out the Box

The kit comes 9 different colours Black, Gold, Stainless Steel, Bronze, Rainbow, Blue, Gun Grey, Red and Green with either Carbon Fibre or Resin. The kit retails at $36 and £30. This is a good price for a pod system.

The 0.6 ohm Mesh coils, which are replaceable…yes that is right replaceable! Also included is the 1.4 ohm basic MTL coil. The similar pod is now included but this is replaceable, but nothing confirmed yet of their release.

A Micro USB for fast charging and it charges in no time. A lanyard to hold the vape device

Always in the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_0044.JPG

The Build

This pod is built very well and feels a good construction I know now what to look for there are no rattles and that’s good as you have to shake it to activate the pod system. The cartridge is very easy to open and fills so quick. I would advise making sure that you let stand for at least 10-15minutes, so that it can absorb as much liquid as possible. I love the push a play coils they are simple and look work a treat.

The device is quite big but having said that it does take longer to charge as I always recommend leaving it on charge overnight as it will just ensure there is full potential in. It does have an overcharge feature so do not worry the vapour is very nice and has some good flavour. This seems to be much better on DTL mode than the original, which is a plus. In addition, you do not have to change the setting it automatically detects the pod and alters to suit…awesome right.

I was able to get a very good lung hit – once I had adjusted my vape style to the tiny mouthpiece! But it was poor on flavour which was annoying I thought it would pack a punch, but it failed.

The airflow is really good and one of the best in the game it works a treat and is really a nice airflow and this was definitely better for me with richer flavour and a very good tight MTL draw.

The .6 was much better on flavour but gave you a more DL hit and with salts it was great…the pod is still going strong and working a treat.

The 1.4 was great for MTL and lasted ages…I changed this over as I wanted to use the mesh to see how it performed.

resize_DSC_0045.JPG
resize_DSC_0046.JPG
resize_DSC_0047.JPG
resize_DSC_0052.JPG
resize_DSC_0049.JPG

Pros

· Great construction

· Good on both MTL and DL

· Airflow control

· Amazing vapour

· Better pricing

· Great coil longevity

· Good battery life

Cons

· Not the best design

· Quite big for a pod

· Poor flavour

resize_DSC_0051.JPG

Conclude

As I’ve said before pod devices seem to be the driver in the vaping world today. Which is not a bad thing and this little beauty still Is In the top 5 for me along with its predecessor.

This pod is good and the overall using time has been nice and I’ve got to say I was dubious the least to say! But it is good and it deserves vapers to go out and give it a chance. Now I’m not going to lie I had dead coils on arrival which can happen not always a sore point! So, I gave this the chance and purchased some coils and once they kicked in I was happy. There is a lot of the same with this and its one I don’t like visual

Would I buy it? Certainly not only due to looks! It reminds me of a climbing clip which for me isn’t my choice. The performance is good, and airflow is nice but looks and bulkiness for a pod strikes me out!

resize_DSC_0048.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Starrs – Romeo – Black and Carbon
E-liquid – Concentrate Warehouse - Core – Raspberry Ripple- 50/50 Salts
Coil – 0.6 ohm Mesh coil Starrs
Batteries – Built-in battery 1200mAh

Thank you to Heavens Gift for providing this kit for the purpose of this review

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Starss-Romeo-Kit.html

Back
Top Bottom