What's new

Starter Kit.

Supergunn

Initiate
HI everyone,
I'm looking for recommendations for a good starter kit as my female neighbour would like to get off the cigs.
She has tried vaping in the past but states it was nipping her throat.
I suggested that her vape juice was possibly too strong and she should try buying nicotine free juice and add nic salt to desired strength
I personally use a mech squonk mod , Dovpo lite and a voopoo Drag with rebuidable tanks etc and vape DTL which is all too advanced for her at this stage.
I'm thinking MTL might be better for her.
I've not looked at vapes for ages and it's a bit of a minefield with pods etc.
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thank You.

Hey there

Ok yeah i agree MTL is the way to go, i can recommend a few, depends what type of thing she is looking for but i will list some under different categories for you. Plus i suggest Nic Salt, you can pick up the ready made ones 10ml for her to try, depending on what she smokes and how many, maybe start with a 20mg or get a few of both, again i will give some suggestions there too. I found freebase over 3mg to harsh for me hence i went to salts, started on 20mg, now on between 5 or 10mg depends on whats available.

Pod kit, easy, throw away pods

Aspire Favostix
Univapo Kipo
Voopoo vinci (new version)
Geekvape Wenax K1
Xtal by ZQ Vapor

Pods with replaceable coils (better environmentally)

Aspire Tekno
Aspire Prime or Prime X
Uwell KoKo Prime
Evio C by Joyetech

Kit - Tank Mod Combo - I'm no expert on these

Vaporesso GTX One, the gtx18 tank is very good so u could get the tank and any mod or the complete gtx one kit.

Freemax fireluke 22 tank, as a kit is the 30w twister

Innokin sensis, its a pod mod but with a 510 adaptor

All the kits about have been reviewed by me and other members so check out the review sections or just ask on here if u have any questions, haloy to help.

Nic salt brands

Dr vapes
Juice head
SOLT
Just jam
Nexus
Supergood

HI everyone,
I'm looking for recommendations for a good starter kit as my female neighbour would like to get off the cigs.
She has tried vaping in the past but states it was nipping her throat.
I suggested that her vape juice was possibly too strong and she should try buying nicotine free juice and add nic salt to desired strength
I personally use a mech squonk mod , Dovpo lite and a voopoo Drag with rebuidable tanks etc and vape DTL which is all too advanced for her at this stage.
I'm thinking MTL might be better for her.
I've not looked at vapes for ages and it's a bit of a minefield with pods etc.
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thank You.

Hi @Supergunn , TBH @Innokin are dominating the entry level market at the moment and have a great range to pick from. The T22 Pro, Sensis, Sceptre, M18 Endura and Z50 Coolfire would all be good choices. The S-Coils in particular are cheap and outstanding, the Z-Coils and T22's are pretty bang on too.

As for others, the @Freemaxtech Onnix, Uwell Caliburn G or @Vaporesso Xros would be decent slighty looser pod kits, or the @Univapo Kipo is an outstanding tighter one. For quality, ease of use and simplicity you can't beat it. I'm currently in love with mine.

Last edited:
I agree with @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) on the starter kits with tank and mod. The Vaporesso GTX 18 tank in the GTX One kit uses coils that produce excellent flavour and last ages, great for MTL. The Freemax Fireluke 22 tank in the Twister 30W kit has coils with the best flavour I have ever experienced, great for MTL as well as RDL. I haven't tried the Innokin Sensis.

Just a note to add, the Fireluke22 you can get as part of the Maxus 50w kit and not just the twister.

I find all Freebase MTL juices harsh so I'd avoid them and go for nic salts - I also have difficulty vaping anything with menthol or cooling agents so I would avoid both just in case...

I have no idea about the latest MTL starter kits, but I'd go simple - Innokin T18/T22 maybe as it seems every vape shop I've ever been in stocks spare coils.

A massive thank you to everyone for all your help and recommendations.
I lent my neighbour my Voopoo Drag and a RTA that I built along with some of my Juice Head blueberry and lemon from one of my shortfills at 1.5mg nicotine just to see how she got on and she likes it .
I've decided to recommend the Voopoo Drag X Plus kit with the PNP tank or the Innokin Sensis.
I'm very pro Voopoo brand but I will point out that a pkt of PnP coils are twice the price of the innokin Sceptre coils.
Looks like she might finally get off the fags.

Back
Top Bottom