What's new

Sub Ohm Vaping Question

LordOdin

Veteran
Hi
I have only been vaping properly for roundabout 2 weeks and most mods come with sub ohm tanks and coils. I am not into cloud chasing but was wondering the best liquid to use in a sub ohm tank, I generally buy plain old 50/50.
Also is it best to use the recommended wattage that it says on the coil. Probably sound like total noob questions but I honestly have no idea.
Thanks in advance.

what nicotine strength are you using?
what kit are you using, mod and tank. does it have variable wattage which you can turn up/down.

most subtanks use higher wattage so need lower nicotine and the norm is 3mg or max 6mg and 70vg is the norm. some subtanks may leak with 50/50. everyone is different though and there are a few who still use higher nic but this give much more of a harsh throat hit.

wattage on coils is entirely upto the user but always stay below the max recommended usually written on the coil or the box. my sweetspot is 50-60w even though im using coils that can handle 120watts
also priming coils is a must and sstarting low. the amount of questions weve been asked over the years about why their coil has burnt out within an hour. always turns out they put a dry coil in and turn upto max recommended wattage and it burns out straight away.
newcoil drip juice on all the cotton around the coil and a few drops down the top of coil. screw in and start on low wattage. best is half of what you vape at. if you vape at 50w start at 20w and turn up a few watt after each puff to bed in your coil.

other option is to buy a mouth to lung tank that works great with 50/50 juice, zlide, zenith, nautilus.

A sub ohm setup is designed to favour liquids with more Vegetable Glycerin in them than Propylene Glycol.

Typically you would be looking to use 70/30 VG/PG in a sub ohm tank, as PG can be a little harsh on the throat at higher concentrations.

50/50 juices are more suited to the kind of vape where the draw is similar to that of a cigarette - mouth to lung, where you use the suction of your cheeks to draw vapour into your mouth, and then inhale - with a similar "hit" on the throat as a cigarette gives.

Sub ohm tanks are designed to "direct inhale", where you directly inhale a much larger volume of vapour straight into your lungs in one action.

Sub ohm tanks work at higher wattages (get hotter) therefore require more airflow (you need to suck harder!) in order to keep the vape cool.

If you try to vape on a sub ohm tank taking little puffs like smoking a cigarette, it will get too hot, and using 50/50 juice will be very harsh on the throat.

I have a different mod that I use for nic salts but I haven't really bought any freebase juice, I would be looking to buy either 3 or 6mg juice to try and cut the nicotine out eventually, I have some 18mg juice in my pockex but my goal would be maybe 6mg then slowly move down to 3mg, if I am not getting a strong nic hit from the 18mg juice I generally just have a couple of vapes on the nic salts which actually stop the craving. Was thinking of buying some short fill liquid and maybe add a 1.5 nic shot, but like I say I don't know what mix to get.

Hi @LordOdin In sub ohm I tend to use 70/30 VG/PG @3mg shortfils this gives me a low nic hit nice flavour and works out not expensive :)

Thanks Everyone I just ordered some 70/30 juice also ended up buying a Smok Nord for my Nic Salts, Since I started vaping I can't stop myself buying things that I like the look of lol.

Thanks Everyone I just ordered some 70/30 juice also ended up buying a Smok Nord for my Nic Salts, Since I started vaping I can't stop myself buying things that I like the look of lol.
We all suffer. The syndrome actually has a name. It's called Shinyitus.

smok flooded the market a couple of years ago and their QC went totally down the toilet but i must say the nord is a very nice bit of kit and the coils are decent so youve made a good choice there.

@RAPTOREX I must have it, I went on ebay to leave feedback and ended up buying another mod lol. I am now the proud owner of a Voopoo drag Mini as well

Back
Top Bottom