philTBA

Achiever
Number 4 from ecigwizard-olly

Swoke, Smiley
50/50 vg/pg
£12.98 20ml
Available in 3mg, 6mg, 12mg & zero nic.
'Notes of lime & Melon over a subtle spearmint'

Yellow bottle this time, with matching dropper top, the same style labelling and warnings as the previous offering.
As usual, I tried this in the Twisted Messes first. There was nothing subtle about the spearmint ! An explosion of in yer face spearmint with a side order of of menthol for good measure.
For 'normal' people, the side order of menthol will in fact be a side order of melon. (It's that Mellon = menthol with me)
The observant amongst you will have picked up from the last Swoke review, I don't do menthol. Smiley is much stronger than I like, on flavours I'm not a huge fan of, BUT, I was happy to spend the morning and well into the afternoon vapeing this in the TM. Strong spearmint with menthol (Melon for real people) was actually quite refreshing, and certainly wakes your taste buds up.
I had a fair idea that the flavours would calm down a bit in a tank, the first tank free was the Zeph. As suspected, they did. Spearmint with a bite sums it up best. At lower power, the spearmint is still strong, but there's a 'bite' in the background, just that something extra that you can't quite place, but it's there, and adds an extra layer. As the power increases, the menthol/Melon creeps in stronger.
Smiley is well outside my preferred flavour profiles, so I've been surprised to find myself going back and dipping into this one again and again. If spearmint/mint juices are your thing, this could be one for you. It's not one I'll be rushing off to buy, but yet I still keep going back for more. With a bit less spearmint, and Melon taken out of the mix, I'd be over this like a rash, as is, no doubt, I'll keep dipping back in.
I free'd up the Atlantis, I wanted to try this juice in that as I find it mutes flavours more than my other tanks, and suits strong flavours better.
There it was. Right on the money ! Iced spearmint with lime sums this up perfectly in the Atlantis. It's muted things down to just about spot on for my taste. Spearmint is at a nice level, the lime has come through nicely, sharp lime, not sweet. The melon coming through as menthol has been muted to where it just adds a cooling effect. I may just be tempted into buying some down the line.
Keep in mind, where I'm getting menthol/cooling, you'll get melon.

**EDIT**
My 2 backup vapers tried this indipendantly without being given the flavour profile. Both got strong spearmint & lime, oddly, neither tasted any melon at all.

Last edited:
Cease and Desist Order on the way.
Using my username without permission.

:D:D:D

:p:p:p

Back
Top Bottom