What's new

The Galex Pod

TP 72

Achiever
Here are my thoughts on the Galex Pod. I’ve no affiliation with POTV or Freemax.
My thanks go to Tina @Freemaxtech for asking me to test this kit. Not done this before so apologies in advance for any balls up. As I’ve had trouble loading photos and problems with the site in general I’ll try to upload some photos at the end.
The Galex comes in a stylish outer cover with a box which slides out revealing the Galex kit and pod the Galex has an integrated 800 mah battery which lasted me around six hours before needing charging. It has a light display of flashing lights of various colours which are impressive and light up whilst vaping and continue for about 15 seconds after each draw. The lights can be turned off and on by pulling the pod in and out twice within 3 seconds.
The pod itself has a nice shape to it as is comfortable between the lips when vaping and is also top filling which is done by pushing the cap off the pod with the thumb which reveals a red filling port the central chimney and air release hole the pod holds 2 ml of eliquid.
I forgot to add that within the box there is an installed 1.0ohm coil for MTL and a 0.8 coil for RDL plus a charging type C lead a warranty card and a warning card.
Inside where the pod sits in the mod there are two magnets which hold the pod nice and secure I’ve had no movement with the pod which sits firmly in the mod, there is also to airflow ports inside.
I started with the 1.0 ohm coil as I normally vape with either a1.2 or a1.6 ohm coil so after priming the coil and filling the pod with my favourite Puff Dragon Redster and letting it sit for 10 minutes the first draw was very loose and airy as there is no airflow adjustment and only an air hole each side of the Galex I ended up covering the two airflow holes on the kit but was still quite loose. The wattage is pre set in the kit which is between 11 and 16 watts and sets its own wattage for the coil in use perhaps with a little higher wattage might have improved the flavour although reasonable could have improved.
The 0.8 ohm coil was a great improvement the flavour was very nice and came through lovely and a nice warmth to it but not hot, this coil is more for RDL vaping according to Freemax and has a nice warmth and flavour to it. I like MTL and with this coil and one air hole covered with the thumb it nice MTL draw for me although not as tight as some would like but I enjoy it.
The Galex is a nice kit it fits nice in the hand and I’m enjoying using it with the 0.8 coil, there’s no airflow adjustment or wattage adjustment which is a shame as I feel it doesn’t bring out the best in the 1.0 ohm coil.

Attachments

• B1800FFE-4C3D-46BB-A4CE-91EB8E49EB02.jpeg
    B1800FFE-4C3D-46BB-A4CE-91EB8E49EB02.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
Problem uploading photos

Attachments

• A8349C4C-7451-43FC-87F3-0DEE4DEFEE5E.png
    A8349C4C-7451-43FC-87F3-0DEE4DEFEE5E.png
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • 094C48EE-0094-4EA8-9832-90732A04D40D.jpeg
    094C48EE-0094-4EA8-9832-90732A04D40D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
Here are my thoughts on the Galex Pod. I’ve no affiliation with POTV or Freemax.
My thanks go to Tina @Freemaxtech for asking me to test this kit. Not done this before so apologies in advance for any balls up. As I’ve had trouble loading photos and problems with the site in general I’ll try to upload some photos at the end.
The Galex comes in a stylish outer cover with a box which slides out revealing the Galex kit and pod the Galex has an integrated 800 mah battery which lasted me around six hours before needing charging. It has a light display of flashing lights of various colours which are impressive and light up whilst vaping and continue for about 15 seconds after each draw. The lights can be turned off and on by pulling the pod in and out twice within 3 seconds.
The pod itself has a nice shape to it as is comfortable between the lips when vaping and is also top filling which is done by pushing the cap off the pod with the thumb which reveals a red filling port the central chimney and air release hole the pod holds 2 ml of eliquid.
I forgot to add that within the box there is an installed 1.0ohm coil for MTL and a 0.8 coil for RDL plus a charging type C lead a warranty card and a warning card.
Inside where the pod sits in the mod there are two magnets which hold the pod nice and secure I’ve had no movement with the pod which sits firmly in the mod, there is also to airflow ports inside.
I started with the 1.0 ohm coil as I normally vape with either a1.2 or a1.6 ohm coil so after priming the coil and filling the pod with my favourite Puff Dragon Redster and letting it sit for 10 minutes the first draw was very loose and airy as there is no airflow adjustment and only an air hole each side of the Galex I ended up covering the two airflow holes on the kit but was still quite loose. The wattage is pre set in the kit which is between 11 and 16 watts and sets its own wattage for the coil in use perhaps with a little higher wattage might have improved the flavour although reasonable could have improved.
The 0.8 ohm coil was a great improvement the flavour was very nice and came through lovely and a nice warmth to it but not hot, this coil is more for RDL vaping according to Freemax and has a nice warmth and flavour to it. I like MTL and with this coil and one air hole covered with the thumb it nice MTL draw for me although not as tight as some would like but I enjoy it.
The Galex is a nice kit it fits nice in the hand and I’m enjoying using it with the 0.8 coil, there’s no airflow adjustment or wattage adjustment which is a shame as I feel it doesn’t bring out the best in the 1.0 ohm coil.

Thanks. It tells us what we need to know mate.

A couple of important things I haven’t said about the Galex Pod is I have not had any leaks or condensation in this kit whatsoever.
On the mod it has a battery light which is Green for 70% blue is 35%-70% and red is below 35%.
When on charge the light pulsates until the light goes out then it is fully charged.

Great review mate! It's a good little device mine doesn't light up like yours though lol

As @ForestMagpie has said pull the pod out and back in twice within 3 seconds for the lights to display and the Same to switch them off.

Thanks all for your comments much appreciated, I had a problem with photos plus not having done a review before as the saying goes I winged it. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom