What's new

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

I have about erm 5 or 6 Kayfun Mini V3 so I think you could say I like them! To me they beat the Taifun hands down and just got a Kayfun 5 clone today so It is having a soak to get rid of any machine oil and then I am off to play for a while!

Good news and bad news. I got some screws locally to where I'm working - that's the good news. However, I must be being a complete moron as I'm struggling to get on with the tank and return to MTL. Every time I take a draw I end up coughing up a lung!

I'm using the same 70VG/30PG, 4mg, juice I use in my Wotofo Serpent Mini for DTL. I've put in a build using some 316SS 28/32 Clapton wire. I've put in a 3mm ID coil that's coming in at .8 Ohms. I'm running it on my Coolfire TC100 in temp control mode (I DTL exclusively in TC mode).

When I take the vapour into my mouth I'm OK, but as soon as I try and then take it down to the lungs I end up coughing like when a drink goes down the wrong hole.

I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious, but it ain't looking good so far for returning to MTL.

Good news and bad news. I got some screws locally to where I'm working - that's the good news. However, I must be being a complete moron as I'm struggling to get on with the tank and return to MTL. Every time I take a draw I end up coughing up a lung!

I'm using the same 70VG/30PG, 4mg, juice I use in my Wotofo Serpent Mini for DTL. I've put in a build using some 316SS 28/32 Clapton wire. I've put in a 3mm ID coil that's coming in at .8 Ohms. I'm running it on my Coolfire TC100 in temp control mode (I DTL exclusively in TC mode).

When I take the vapour into my mouth I'm OK, but as soon as I try and then take it down to the lungs I end up coughing like when a drink goes down the wrong hole.

I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious, but it ain't looking good so far for returning to MTL.

You are using Clapton for MTL...I must be missing something here. The throat hit must be absolutely immense even with 70/30 and 4mg juice.

I wouldn't dream of using Claptons for MTL. Single standard micro for me at between 1 and 1.6 ohms.

You are using Clapton for MTL...I must be missing something here. The throat hit must be absolutely immense even with 70/30 and 4mg juice.

I wouldn't dream of using Claptons for MTL. Single standard micro for me at between 1 and 1.6 ohms.
Said I was missing something obvious!

It's the only wire I've got with me in the hotel, apart from some 26awg 316ss.

I sometimes use Clapton's for MTL without any issue what so ever.

Said I was missing something obvious!

It's the only wire I've got with me in the hotel, apart from some 26awg 316ss.
You can use clapton wire for mtl mate I do regularly without any issues what so ever.

It's not the wire [emoji6]

What is your build and setup for that?

Just curious, I know it's totally different strokes for different folks.
Yeah mate your right.

I use it with a Vapour Flask SX and Kayfun v5 but have also used it with my KF4 and my Square X dream.

The last build I did off the top of my head was fused clapton 28*2+32ga about 5 - 6 wraps around 2.5 mm which gave me around 1.2ohms. I vape it in between 25 - 35 watts. I find I fly through juice but it gives really good flavour and vapour plus I find it very smooth. If I open the air flow you can pump it up a bit and do direct to lung hits too, no problem.

I'm now favouring SS 316L dual coil build at 1.4 ohms 190c at 30watts. Loving this one for mtl and only now getting in to temp control and loving it so far. I find with this set up I get a bit more of a throat hit and don't use as much juice.

When you started this thread did you ever imagine it would turn into what is essentially a MTL subforum and still be going 4 months later? :D

Hahaha. Its true I thought it might only get a few pages through but seems people really want to talk about MTL in general so its been a surprise. I feel happy with all that pent up MTL love that was being kept inside is now liberated on potv. Long may MTL and restricted vaping live on. :clapping:

Yeah mate your right.

I use it with a Vapour Flask SX and Kayfun v5 but have also used it with my KF4 and my Square X dream.

The last build I did off the top of my head was fused clapton 28*2+32ga about 5 - 6 wraps around 2.5 mm which gave me around 1.2ohms. I vape it in between 25 - 35 watts. I find I fly through juice but it gives really good flavour and vapour plus I find it very smooth. If I open the air flow you can pump it up a bit and do direct to lung hits too, no problem.

I'm now favouring SS 316L dual coil build at 1.4 ohms 190c at 30watts. Loving this one for mtl and only now getting in to temp control and loving it so far. I find with this set up I get a bit more of a throat hit and don't use as much juice.
Strange lol...I have just been checking out the kayfun v5. Was thinking on pulling the trigger on an SXK clone. Might have to give that a go.

Nice one[emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom