What's new

Review The Smok X-Cube 50W box mod - written review (pic heavy)

pauly meatballs

Achiever
Hi Everyone,

A little written review of "The Smok X-Cube" from heavensgifts.com
65W SMOK XCube BT50 VW Bluetooth Box Mod
I received this product free for review.

gGKDwuU.jpg

Evan from heavensgifts contacted me and asked if I'd like to review something on his site.
I chose the x-cube as it looked very cool and I was very interested in trying it.

TIvOCY7.jpg

heavensgifts has been around for ages, it was one of the first online China vendors I used back in 2013.
I've bought several pieces from them and they've always arrived in excellent condition,
swaddled in masses of bubble wrap :)

Evan also asked if I'd make it a written review.
I haven't done one of these for ages!
I started out doing written reviews and I always liked them.
You might have thought, if you've ever seen my youtube vids, that I'm a terse fellow of few words.
In fact the opposite is true, I'm a serial waffler who will run his yap at any opportunity.
My slideshow format requires me to be brief , even if I'm not into the whole brevity thing.

Anyway, where was I?

Oh yes the X-cube!

n8tcllO.jpg

Pretty smart eh?

It's a 50W Variable Wattage mod with a built in 2000mAh battery,
It has some things I'm just crazy about and some others I'm not.

Here's the specs:

Dimensions: 46mm x 24.7mm x 90.6mm
Bluetooth: Android 4.3+ and iOS6.0+
Maximum Wattage: 6 - 50W
Minimum resistance: 0.2ohm
Battery capacity: 2000mAh

yLaM5wP.jpg

It comes in a box with some pretty clear instructions and a micro-usb charging cable.

OHkMZGI.jpg

At the bottom of the device we find a micro-usb port. It takes a few hours to charge this device
but it will allow you to vape while charging. Some people don't like a bottom mounted charge port
but I'm OK with it. With an elegant looking mod like this I think a side mounted port might spoil the appearance.

It has a little reset hole for if your device were to spaz out, you can poke a little thing in there and it will reset the OS.

A few little vent holes are in the base too.

NPCh56O.jpg

The body of the x-cube is a very attractive brushed steel finish.

jMNADoc.jpg

The really unique feature of this mod is the firing button.

Fonq09R.jpg

The whole side of the mod is the firing button, you squeeze it to fire the mod, or to enter the menu and change the settings.
between the edge of the mod and the switch is an LED strip that illuminates when you fire it.
This LED can be changed to literally any colour you like, which is awesome.
I've changed mine here to a fetching blue.
You can push the "button" anywhere you like and it will fire.

BOw9q6X.jpg

It's a bugger to photograph but it's a very prominent light when indoors , not so much outside.

You can change the colour from the mod's menu system (but this is a real pain) or you can just use the Smok bluetooth app (provided your mobile device is up to spec)
It's real easy to change the colour via the app.

kECsFh1.jpg

Eb1C4bf.jpg

The app itself is not much use to me otherwise, it lets you know how long you've been vaping, keeps detailed records of your vape times, let's you set plans for how much you want to vape and lets you concoct custom power modes.
None of this is of any interest to me but it might be to you :)

THiumoZ.jpg

I found the menu system pretty easy to work with considering it's a one button operation. I only really use it for adjusting my power and switching on and off.
You can adjust how long you want the screen to stay illuminated for after you've fired the mod, which is a nice feature.

3U2CmFc.jpg

It has a 10 second vape cut-off time which isn't adjustable.

So lets get to my major thumbs down with this mod , the non-adjustable 510.

Rpn1PrO.jpg

1wyCkoq.jpg

This is a real shame as at least one tank I tried on this mod didn't work at all, several others left considerable gaps.
(including my beloved kayfun lite - a drag as it would have been a lovely match with this mod)

All the subtanks I have work just fine though with no gaps.

winmGzO.jpg

OT4uuth.jpg

uOyJPRj.jpg

This mod feels really good in the hand, it looks great, the switch is a dream to use and the light show is awesome.
2000 mAh seems like small potatoes these day though, especially if you're sub-ohming and the non-adjustable 510 is a real downer.

Well I've waffled for long enough,
thanks to Evan at heavensgifts.com for sending this for review,
thanks to you for reading,
and have a great day!

Hqr32Ck.jpg

The LED strip - wow!
Non adjustable pin - what were they thinking??

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

I went off SMOK . Specially when after 7 days it crapped out . Sticking with Kanger and isticks

Back
Top Bottom