What's new

Review THINKVAPE BOX75( DNA 75)

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi Apes Todays review is for the THINKVAPE BOX75 which is a DNA75 mod.
First i would like to thank Gearbest for sending me this device for review, Thanks @gearbest.com .

so the device comes in a square box with foam inserts housing the mod and a usb cable. The mod has a tube so that you can use an 18650 battery or remove the tube and use a 26650 battery the tube is inside the mod when you get it.
There is also an instruction pamphlet or user manual whichever you want to call it. I have the Red mod but also available are plain black. blue and silver the last 2 i am yet to see anywhere.

The mod is made from Zinc alloy and here are the dimensions
weight 216 grams
height 88mm
width at back is 43mm
width front is 30mm
The mod is sort of teardrop shaped looking from above and has a built in 1 amp usb port for charging and firmware updates and customizing via escribe software.

As you have guessed or know the BOX75 houses a DNA75 chipset by Evolv heres the stats for the chipset

Output Power 1 Watt to 75 Watts
Output Voltage.2 Volt to 6.2 Volts
Output Current, continuous
30.0 Amps
Output Current, instantaneous peak
40.0 Amps

Temperature Limit
200°F_- 600°F
Input Voltage
3.0 Volts-4.2 Volts
Input Current
.5 Amps - 28.0 Amps
Input Current, pulse
32.0 Amps
Screen On Current
26mA
Quiescent Current
7mA
Power Down Current
0mA
Efficiency
85%
Weight
15g
Footprint
.71” x 2.60”
18mm x 66mm
Thickness
.32”
Screen size
.91” OLED

Onto the mod and how it works.
Power mode and Temp control mode, settings are installed for Ni200, stainless stell 316 and titanium.
The chip is customizeable via escribe software but please check if you have an older version of escribe as the DNA 75 won't be able to be programmed . You need the upto date version from evolv.

The mod has a spring loaded 510 but i cannot confirm the material of the pin. Looks like SS.
waterproof fire and up down buttons. I particularly like the up down bottons as it is one button which makes it easy to use for changing temp as you just press down in the middle and this presses the up and down button together and press either side of the button for up and down.
The chipset works in the same way as the DNA200 as do the controls for it
5 clicks of the fire button locks the device then hold up and down to get to change the temperature. fire and up locks ohms fire and down changes modes either stealth or normal
in power mode with the device unlocked press the up and down button to lock the power and the same for temp mode.

The display in temp mode has the battery level indicator
Ohm's temp and coil material and the wattage power

Power mode ohm's voltage and amps plus wattage power.

The Box75 fits perfectly in your hand and is quite heavy with a 26650 battery and a tank fitted. The buttons are nice and clicky the battery slots in nice but i have had the odd bit of trouble getting the screw in cap in place correctly at times with a 26650. The cap has an adjustable screw which you need to screw down so the battery doesn't make contact with the whole cap.
I find a 26650 battery lasts a day or more at 40w and 240 c which is great.an 18650 lasts about what you expect from other single 18650 battery mods so i prefer the 26650 for longevity.
The finish is very good on the Box75 my only dislike is the large Box75 logo going down the back end of the mod, not a big issue as it is only seeable while the mod is standing up.
Functionwise this mod is perfect and i have used it everyday since i got it, usually i rotate my collection but this mod has become a firm favourite so i have been only rotating one other mod for a different flavour.

Pros

fantastic working mod
Very nice in the hand
easy to navigate
26650 battery for longer vape time
Looks nice
Can accomodate upto a 30mm atty with no overhang

Cons

the logo this could have been more discreet
the 510 pin could have been a copper or brass or plated.
I had to tighten the 510 down with the allen key screws as the resistence was jumping about, perfect now though
a Con with the actual DNA 75 board is it needs a firmware patch because you get a weak battery message about half way through the battery, caused by the preheat settings. i backed the preheat down from 75w to 50w and no longer get the weak battery message but this is going to be the same with all DNA 75 mods

Conclusion

I like this Thinkvape Box75 mod. I have enjoyed using it since getting it and it has taken over my DNA 200's because of its size. I can't find much to complain about, it's a solid device.
Think vape make good DNA devices and i feel the 26650 battery is the way forward for longer vape time and less to carry.
Would i recommend this device? For sure i would. It is great value for money around £60.
Thanks for reading folks, next review will be the Fillian 25mm RDTA by Shenray
20160729_123926.jpg 20160729_123915.jpg 20160728_222757.jpg 20160728_222837.jpg 20160728_230229.jpg

Back
Top Bottom