What's new

Vaporesso FORZ TX80 Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Jasmine @Vaporesso sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Vaporesso, nor am I paid to do this, I didn’t think I’d get a chance to review this kit so I’m pretty happy to have got a chance to play with it

20201109_170426.jpg

The Vaporesso Forz TX80 Kit

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/forz-tx80

The Forz is a single 18650 mod that goes up to 80w. It has a similar rugged, manly and downright masculine styling to the Aegis range of mods but is distinct enough to be it’s own thing. The Axion 2.0 chip is inside it so it caters to pretty much every type of vaper with all the functions on it. The Forz 25mm tank is included in the kit and it’s also designed to be shock, water and dust proof. I can also exclusively confirm that it is baby sick proof as well.

In the box you get:

1 FORZ TX80 MOD
1 FORZ TANK 25 (4.5ml)
1 GTR 0.15Ω MESH Coil (pre-installed)
1 GTR 0.4Ω MESH Coil (in box)
1 Screwdriver
1 USB Silicone Plug
1 Silicone Drip Tip Cover
1 FORZ Badge
4 O-rings
1 Glass Tube
1 Type-C USB Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card

Many, many other reviews have covered what the Axion chip does so I’ll just list the functions for you. Three clicks of the menu button at the bottom will take you to the menu:

The new F(t) Mode
Pulse
Power eco
Smart TC.
DIY mode - has it's own sub menu. There's VW mode, VTmode, VV mode, CCW mode, Bypass mode, Super Player mode.

There's a system set menu which lets you change the brightness, reset the puff counter, turn on smart VW turn on auto eco, flip the screen, return to default settings and finally a setting that lets you check what firmware you're on.

Collage 2020-11-18 21_21_30.jpg

As I mentioned the styling is similar to the Aegis range of mods and pod systems. It is distinct enough to stand out from those systems though. The brushed metal on the front of the mod makes it look kind of classy and the buttons are kind of angled. The rest of the body is rubber coated and I have found that it doesn’t stick to the pocket like the Aegis Legend does. There is a leather section around the battery tube and although it has a big FORZ embossed on it, it doesn’t look tacky. The only other branding is a discreet Vaporesso, the same colour as the rubber on one side and a barely noticeable Axion chip written on the top of the mod behind the 510 plate.

On its own the mod looks quite petite. With the tank on it looks fine and the tank fits but I do think a smaller tank would give the mod a slightly better look. The tank is 25mm and as I say fits the mod perfectly but the size of it does suggest to me that it would fit a slightly bigger mod even better and having heard of Vaporesso’s plans to release a 21700 mod I do wonder if it will be a version of the FORZ.

The main draw of the new chip is the added F(t) mode which claims to give better, more consistent flavour by ‘changing the output voltage and heating rate within a certain time…’ I don’t know what that means and I’m not sure if I have fallen prey to the advertising blurb but it does seem to give me that tiny little bit better flavour from my juice. To me it’s the flavour version of the pulse mode that gives that tiny bit, more, consistent vapour. Again it may be that I’m falling foul of the advertising and making it all up in my head but for me it works. I have preferred just using it in simple VW Normal mode though. I always wonder if the other modes drain battery power quicker so tend to stick to what I know.

I tested out the waterproof capability of the mod and tank by taking it into the shower. It works fine if you have the silicone cap on and the airflow shut. You can pop your head out of the water to open these up and take a draw if you like.

Collage 2020-11-18 21_20_15.jpg

With 3 young children the shockproof aspect of the mod and tank were also tested. There’s always one of them knocking into the table and upending things. From small drops it worked fine. I just didn’t have the heart to give it a good test by scudding it off the ground though. I also sick tested it, completely unintentionally, when my 9 month old projectile vomited milk all over the table I keep my water and mod on. It passed the sick test also and the waterproofing was tested again when I had to wash the mod. I should also say that I don’t vape in the same room as the children (that’s just irresponsible) It was just sitting waiting for me to use later in the evening when they were in bed.

The tank is included with the kit. As I say it’s a 25mm tank, with open airflow and takes 2 different types of coils. There’s a GTR 0.15 mesh coil pre-installed and a 0.4 mesh coil included in the box. The 0.15 goes from 60-80w and again I wonder if there’s a bigger battery version of the FORZ planned as the top end of the coil’s range is right at the top end of the mod’s wattage capability. This makes using the coil at max power feel a little underpowered for me. At 65w it’s a nice vape, the flavour really kicks in at 70w and once you go to 80w it feels like there’s not been much increase. A different mod with more power changes the vape at 80W where on the FORZ it just ups a tiny little bit. Once you put the 0.4 coil in the kit really comes into its own. The coil is rated at 40-60w and once I hit 50w I found my sweet spot. The vapour and flavour are really good and the airflow is nice and open so you can really take a nice lungful.

The coils are push fit and I’ve noticed no leaking at all over the time I’ve used them for the past 10 days or so. One thing I didn’t really like at first is that it is quite hard to see how full the tank is when filling as there is a rubber cage around it with windows to see the juice level, you can’t really see how full it is above these windows. I soon learned that you can just fill using one of the holes while looking at the other to see when the juice level hits the top so it is easy enough to fill right to the top. The tank is quite thirsty though so I can’t imagine what the 2ml TPD version will be like, having had to fill the 4.5ml one at least a couple of times a day.

There’s also a very decent driptip on the tank. It’s an 810 fitting with metal at the base of it and has a vinyl type texture to it so it gives a nice scratchy feeling when you run a nail over it.

In all the FORZ is a nice looking, durable kit. It would be perfect for anyone who does an outdoor job or for those who are quite clumsy with their kit. The tank is very good as well, with the coils giving good flavour and vapour.

I will probably do a giveaway with this kit as I was only sent one this time and have enough kit myself right now. I will wait till the coils are available to buy though, as there’s no point in sending it to someone who can’t use it yet.

20201118_211533.jpg

Cheers, the mod looks good and I like the Axion board, the tank is not my thing obviously. I guess the mod will be available on it's own eventually.

no naked shower pics though?

@Gitchy Great review mate! It's good to know it does withstand the stress mods can be put through with water dust and children's vomit haha!
Good read mate thank you!

It's good to know it does withstand the stress mods can be put through with water dust and children's vomit haha!
I was about to mention that. Raw! :D
Good review mate, bravo.

...Why no one mention that this kit comes with a "Forz" Sheriff plate??!
upload_2020-11-18_23-18-24.png

You want to keep for you! isnt it? :D

Great review mate! Got tested with the rigours of family life there didn't it! Sounds like a good solid mod, tank isn't for me but enjoyed the read bud.

Back
Top Bottom