What's new

Vaporesso Gen 200 kit

red5

Achiever
Vaporesso Gen 200 kit review by Antony Lord
A1RVWmFzHWpbZFOjJUuI7xFUKU1HXCeZhIClXzjCXUxZnlpqdxF6nBKGI4YMekaw_-iQgpVBHV6fdJhJBqoPAmbrogYlsR0O11t8LBo7sJsurQJ3BLcoJRzB_0jODsSpgVtaLY6UiIVLAs6qlg

A couple of my favourite pieces of kit from the back half of last year were the Target series from Vaporesso so when I spotted they were bringing out an updated version of the popular dual battery Gen series with the board from the Target I asked our friends over at Sourcemore if I could take a look.

Specifications:
  • 85 x 44.5 x 29.4 mm / 76 Grams [Gen 200 mod]
  • Dual 18650 battery
  • Output 5~220 watts
  • 0.96” TFT screen
  • iTank + 2 coils included in kit
YZLplHPDWHTOBT2JDRyXtnNfW--lge9j3zyTNZ_U67INWwLlBYmy028cqwu2C_KE8TRFbZI2Hs1lMUL9zM5DkOk6rTyRXpWGr7GRQCIY2lnrSPs4nRCQd5MlyumT2muFGn0xK0F4UTSgZXAE3g

The Gen 200 kit is available in some rather funky colour schemes which aren’t to my taste at all so I was a little relieved when a nice sober jet black version landed at my door. In the full Gen 200 kit you get the Vaporesso iTank and two GTi coils as the pack in sub ohm tank, the Gen 200 mod is also available separately as well.
GJJiMk5boD12eF9qj6xGdjLQ_55c-PuF4JKe5VcA6hwdmrn_WEBOE-XDXmvzi6PoQgTkB0yG9GWmxJanJ3McEQgehw4OtupMQ6uz4px5r6f05ArqraTRAWnbJ5MCE_5htvpePRptTlLMkgJG7A

My first impressions out of the box were “holy crap, that’s tiny!”, this really is one of the most compact dual 18650 mods I’ve come across so if you have smaller hands like myself this really should be on your radar. Second impressions, it’s light. At just 76 grams this is actually lighter than the batteries which weigh in at around 92 grams! This is of course down to the plastic construction but this still feels solid in the hand with no weird squeaks or creaks, the textured dimpled surface on the front and back sides also provide plenty of grip as well. I love the textured finish on the power button as well and this is set off in a silver finish which contrasts nicely with the black chassis.

Up top the 510 plate is raised about 0.2mm above the top of the mod so you shouldn’t have issues with atty rash, there isn’t any visible gapping either so no complaints on that front. There’s just enough room here for a 28mm atomiser as well despite the petite frame.

Initially it looks as if the Gen 200 has a rather large screen but this is in fact trickery, whilst the plastic window on the front of the mod is 1.5 inches across this still sports the same 0.96 inch screen underneath. Whilst this might leave you feeling a little cheated the layout is exactly the same as the earlier Target kits so everything is nice and clear. The axon chipset has all the same features as before but has now been beefed up to give a whopping 220 watt output in this dual battery configuration. TC purists will of course bemoan the lack of any temperature control options but I’m a big fan of the F[t] mode which applies a small fluctuation over the top of your selected wattage, voltage and bypass modes are also available but are buried in a sub menu as before.
mxUgGjwvXrcfRqUY3_QmOFZMQMA_baCJcstRj2iWixJQTBet-kHpU4MK_N2dBpmRzhMbyoy9pXIqeXHRWtiLNytMKByHBIT7te-RyW1pqdkJM4vGGUadXYqvj6EhpBUcQAXSIJhgBA57sO7D2Q

The battery compartment is clearly marked for polarity with spring loaded contacts at the base and the battery door is held on tightly by two magnets, in place there’s just the tiniest bit of movement in the up/down plane but not to the point where it becomes a fidget toy. There isn’t the traditional ribbon to remove the batteries but Vaporesso have placed two convenient cutouts near the top for you to hook your fingers into and this works quite well in practice.
7SmoZHDyd2nMmFXo8-b87h5f1mmm5y7IQWjaMSrxdQOZ08IEUYc27D1K4uh_PBhayCVrXyV6gKte9KG-esl20Gi2umiXJoqvwlnyLITz4Gmb9wEq-xmqMcVst5-9Ho8MRYC0W9YHlkF2nXz9mQ

The iTank and two GTi coils are included in the Gen 200 kit. I’ve used this before and it’s a superb sub ohm tank with just one fatal flaw, the GTi coils are Nichrome which means I can’t use them. If this is an issue for you as well then obviously you’d be better off with the Gen 200 mod by itself.

Pros:
  • Compact, lightweight mod
  • Good performance from the Axon chip

Cons:
  • GTi coils are nichrome

Conclusion:

Having skipped the previous generations of the Vaporesso Gen series I can see why it’s been so popular, this is a little smaller than before as well so if you have smaller hands then this might well be one to take a look at. The performance of the Axon chipset is exactly the same as before except you now have more power and better battery life in this dual 18650 version.

Many thanks to Sourcemore for sending the Gen 200 kit out for review. As always they’ve sent over a discount code as well:

$27.29 - Vaporesso GEN 200 Mod
Code: VG2K
2511BC7F-3EEC-4DB7-9C4A-87531627B7D0.jpeg

Nice review @red5. Good job on pointing out the metallic composition of the coils too, I think we missed that out on our group test and well worth mentioning for those affected.

Back
Top Bottom