What's new

Vaporesso Swag 2 vs Geekvape Aegis Solo

tomavai

Hi all,

I'd like to ask for some help deciding which mod to purchase, hopefully some of you can help me out.
I'm looking for a decent and convenient single 18650 battery mod for everyday use. Main usage will be an MTL tank with a simple Kanthal 0.6-1 ohm build, and occasionally with some sub-ohm tanks around 0.3 ohm. Nothing fancy here.
I can't find much about the voltage output on the swag 2 unfortunately but I have the Vaporesso tarot baby and an Aegis mini, using them for a while now, loving them both.
But.
The tarot baby is a fricking powerhouse compared to the aegis mini, puts out more than 1 volt at the same wattage with the same coil, and also both in bypass mode the tarot baby just kills it.
However I love the mini dearly and still use it every day but I'm curious now if it's the same or similar with the swag2&solo regarding the voltage output. TBH i like the touch of the extra punch the tarot baby packs...

So I'd really appreciate if you could leave your comments on comparing the two please, hoping some of you owns both.

Appreciate your help in advance, and take it easy and be safe.

Thanks
TT

Hello and welcome to PotV. I can only speak on the Aegis Solo. I have 3 of them, 2 are in rotation and the 3rd is in my stash box. I think they are a very solidly built mod. I have dropped them on occasion and busted the tanks but no damage to the mod. As an old commercial used to say "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking". Good luck on your vaping journey. I'm sure others will be along shortly with their experience.
JC

Had both at the same time but Solo prevailed. Swag is more of a fancy one in this case. Material feels really nice,a kind of rubberized plastic. Really good mod and super nice looking. Better and newer chip than solo. However 2 things in favor of solo for me. It is narrower compared to swag and I have small hands and the second more important is that my kids sometimes knock things while playing. That was a clear one for solo.

Choose randomly, both mods are great.
If not, just choose the one with the look you like more.

Had both at the same time but Solo prevailed. Swag is more of a fancy one in this case. Material feels really nice,a kind of rubberized plastic. Really good mod and super nice looking. Better and newer chip than solo. However 2 things in favor of solo for me. It is narrower compared to swag and I have small hands and the second more important is that my kids sometimes knock things while playing. That was a clear one for solo.
Thanks both of you guys.

Giurra, thanks, based on looks and everyday use I'm biased towards the aegis, since my mini excels in throwing around, carrying to fishing all day in the rain and whatnot. But I was curious if there is a difference in voltage (not really power in it's technical term, but godhowcanIsaythis... "punch") output feelwise. Don't know if there is really any but I can feel a bit of a difference between my vaporesso and geekvape products at the same watts w same coils/tanks.
Do you noticed anything like this?

Thanks both of you guys.

Giurra, thanks, based on looks and everyday use I'm biased towards the aegis, since my mini excels in throwing around, carrying to fishing all day in the rain and whatnot. But I was curious if there is a difference in voltage (not really power in it's technical term, but godhowcanIsaythis... "punch") output feelwise. Don't know if there is really any but I can feel a bit of a difference between my vaporesso and geekvape products at the same watts w same coils/tanks.
Do you noticed anything like this?
Yes, I felt that those are different at the same wattage. Used in temperature control and also there is a difference. However I just set each as to my liking and go that way. Also Solo is rated at 100 watts against 80 for the swag. Not important since 100 is bit overstretch anyway.

Not that i have the Swag or Solo but checked them both out as was going to get one, i think a fair few more people seem to go for the Swag so if i was going to choose one it would be that. The only reason i didn't get the Swag was because i won a Armour Pro in a comp.

I also mainly MTL and like to switch tanks on my mods.

I really like the Swag 2 and though it can take a 25mm tank my 24mm Hellvape MD with it's bubble glass (27mm) wouldn't fit.

So for me it would be the Aegis Solo which is currently top of my shopping list.

Back
Top Bottom