What's new

Vaporesso Target 200 Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Milo from @Vaporesso sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Vaporesso, nor do I get paid to review things.

20211115_160048.jpg

The Vaporesso Target 200 Kit

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/target-200

The Target 200 kit is the latest in the new Target range, which also includes a newer version of the Target 80 (now bundled with the iTank instead of the original GTX 26 pod tank) and the Target 100, which I believe is a single 21700 mod.

The Target 200 kit comprises of the mod, which is a dual 18650 device, and the iTank sub ohm tank. The mod goes up to 220w and houses a pared down version of their Axon chip as there are no TC settings on it. It also has a USB Type C slot for charging and updates. The tank is a proper sub ohm tank, not a pod tank, and takes several different coils from their new GTi range, which seems to be an evolution of the GTX range but for sub ohm only. The version I have takes 8ml of juice and you need that as it’s a thirsty thing. I dread to think how long the 2ml TPD tank will last until it needs filled again if using the 0.2ohm coil.

In the box you get:
1 VAPORESSO TARGET 200 MOD
1 VAPORESSO iTank(8ml)
1 GTi 0.2Ω MESH Coil(60-75W)
1 GTi 0.4Ω MESH Coil(50-60W)
1 Extra Glass Tube
3 O-ring
1 TYPE-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card

20211115_155458.jpg

Style wise it’s compact and utilises a metal cage like structure over braided material for the body of the mod. The mod is comfortable to hold and light without batteries in it, giving a nice heft with the batteries in place. The braided material is nice and soft with a bit of give in it so really does add to the overall feel, and in-keeping with the outdoors narrative in the Target range’s advertising the braid is touted as water resistant so will be good in the rain. It’s nice to see Vaporesso haven’t just fired the usual leather panels on and have gone for something a bit different. The fire button is in a nice place and responds well. The usual 3 buttons below the screen are there for wattage adjustment and entering the menu. The menu button is below the adjustment buttons and easier to find with your finger than on the Gen range. Everything about the mod just looks and feels well made. The battery door on the bottom is held in place by a hinge so it does remain to be seen if that will fail at some point but so far it seems solid and it does blend in well with the bottom of the device when closed. The one thing I don’t particularly like is that the 510 fitting is raised up a few millimetres and that will definitely restrict the size of tanks that can be put on there. It restricts them to 25mm.

The screen is an 0.96” TFT screen and is bright enough for outside. It’s also nicely uncluttered with a good sized wattage indicator so you’re not peering at it too much. The ohm indicator and voltage is below this, albeit much, much smaller and then you have your puff counter and vape time indicators. Finally there’s text indicating which mode you’re in and funnily enough that is not there when you’re in VWN mode for some reason, the rest of the modes all have that but the VWN dispenses with it and makes the wattage number bigger. I actually prefer it this way myself.

Onto the iTank and it’s a 25mm sub ohm tank that holds 8ml of juice (2ml TPD arrrgh). They’ve gone for a futuristic type look with this tank, with a (sort of) chimney that you don’t usually get on sub ohm, stock coil tanks. It’s hard to explain in words so the photos will have to do the talking here. The fill port is revealed with a push to fill top that swings out for nib access. I found larger bottles were a bit of a faff to fill with as the nib can’t quite reach comfortably. They do still fill though so you just have to be a bit slower than I’d like myself. I do prefer to just fire juice in as fast as possible. There are 3 cyclops airflow holes at the bottom and the airflow ring moves smoothly and quickly while still being secure. The bottom of the tank screws off and lets you push fit the coil into the tank, this bottom section is also quite closed off to prevent leakage as well.

20211115_155447.jpg

Function wise, as I said, it’s a pared down version of the Axon chip. Three clicks on the menu button will get you to the menu where you can set for F(t) mode, Pulse mode, VWN mode, DIY mode and system settings. In the DIY mode you can further set VW to either soft, normal or hard. You can put it into VV mode and you can use bypass mode as well in the DIY menu. In the system menu you can turn on or off the smart VW, which will pick a wattage for you when you put a coil in. You can reset the puff counter and there’s also the 7 day graph showing how you’ve been using the device. Finally you can see what firmware version you’re on.

In use I stuck with VWN personally. I like the F(t) mode and the Pulse, they do work to boost things slightly but I feel that simple VW mode is where I’m most comfortable. The mod fires quickly. I started with the 0.2 coil, which is rated between 60-75w and wow it does have excellent flavour, my fruit juices were really good in it. The vapour production is excellent as well. Running at 65W I was getting clouds well above what I expected. Pushing it to 75w increases the vapour as well while still giving the nice flavour, without too much heat. It’s really consistent flavour wise for me. The advertising blurb on the Vaporesso website says there is a ‘Turbo Airflow’ system in this tank and while I didn’t feel any kind of turbo enhanced air it was a smooth draw and although there was a bit of whooshing it certainly isn’t whistly and annoying. I usually prefer the lower ohm coils myself but for me the 0.2 is the stand out here. Moving onto the 0.4 Coil it’s got the same excellent flavour and just a touch less vapour production. You still get a good lungful and it taxes the batteries less.

Overall I really rate the tank, it’s an excellent stock coil tank and the coils are very good as well. They just hit what I like for higher wattage vaping on the nose. I’ve been using the 0.2 coil for a couple of weeks now quite a lot more than the 0.4 and it’s still to drop flavour for me. The mod is comfortable and looks nice. Vaporesso do well with minimal design and branding and have lately been trying to do something different from the trend of leather clad biker mods. I like that they’ve simplified the Axon chip by taking out TC. I don’t use TC much and most of my mods are used in VW only anyway. The large font for the wattage indicator is a bonus as well. I think the only grumble I have is the raised 510 platform. Aesthetically it looks good but I would like to use a bigger tank on it now and again.

20211115_155513.jpg

I really like that mod. Aside from DNA boxes I’ve always been partial to a vaporesso or two, and I’ve got a few.

May well partake in that if it isn’t ridiculous. Nice review too bud [emoji1591]

I really like that mod. Aside from DNA boxes I’ve always been partial to a vaporesso or two, and I’ve got a few.

May well partake in that if it isn’t ridiculous. Nice review too bud [emoji1591]

Thanks mate. It's a nice mod and smaller tanks don't look too bad on it as well.

Nice review @Gitchy! These look nice, the 100 as well. Shame they've left TC out, although that seems to be the trend on a lot of devices recently, I guess most people are not using it.

Nice review @Gitchy , i do like Vaporesso and might be in the market for this Mod. I did say to myself no more Vape Gear but your review might of convinced me otherwise.

If it's regulated is has to have good TC for me, this one'll stay on the shop shelf unfortunately. Shame as the Target mini 2 is my go to for out and about.

If it's regulated is has to have good TC for me, this one'll stay on the shop shelf unfortunately. Shame as the Target mini 2 is my go to for out and about.

Aye it's a shame there's no TC. I don't use it that much myself but I found the Gen had good TC so the option was nice to have. It's a bit of a trend just now to take the TC out of the higher wattage mods. Don't know why as there are still plenty of folk that use it regularly.

Removing TC but keeping gimmicky (useless?) features like F(t) and PUL mode seems like an odd move to me.

If they are going to use a basic stripped down board I'd prefer to just have Wattage adjustment and no menu, although I'm happy to use VV Potentiometer mods I don't see any reason to include VV in a regulated mod. And anyone who buys a regulated mod to use bypass mode must have been dropped on their head as a child.

Thanks for great review @Gitchy. I really like the look of this and agree about the braided fabric being much nicer than the dreaded fake leather seen everywhere. The tank and new GTi coils are exciting news. I hope Vaporesso would come up with something as appealing for MTL vapers. I am very tempted by the Target 100 mod with single 21700 though.

Back
Top Bottom