What's new

Vaporesso Xtra Pod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Jessica @Vaporesso sent me this for review. If you like the marketing stuff with specs, nice diagrams and some professional pics then go here https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/xtra I'll probably cover it all this time though as it's a nice simple kit.

Now I'm not much of a pod person...

Con el dedo de una mano.jpg

...I like my single coil rebuildables with a bit of brochrome in them at about 35-40w. Saying that it's not too much of a step down for me to use an aio or a pod and I do always carry one for emergencies, public toilet vaping and the odd sneaky puff in the boozer.

Out of all the pods/aios I've had this is by far the smallest and therefore perfect for the sneaky pub vape. Please ignore my weird thumb.

20200415_094932.jpg

With the kit you get a 1.2 pod, an 0.8 pod, the battery, a cable for charging and the usual paper inserts. Nice and simple. There's a button on the bottom of the battery and the usual 5 clicks will turn the thing on. Filling the pod is easy, there's a nice solid rubber bung in the fill hole and it fits in solid so there's been no leaks so far from there, which is a bonus. Again, ignore the thumb.

20200415_095438.jpg

Once filled it's just a case of dropping the pod into the battery and vaping away. It's a puff activated device and it works as it should.

I started off with the 0.8 mesh pod. As I always do with these types of devices I tried it with 70vg 30pg juice to see if it works and it does, sort of. At full power you will get a slight burnt taste with 70/30 if you go for a big long hard draw DTL. There's no issues with MTL and it does go away after the first few draws but that suggested to me that this device, although touted as good for restricted DTL, is not suited to high VG juice. And that wasn't a surprise to be honest, the coil in the pod is very small. I did also find that using it at full power you can use 70/30 no problem if you relax the draw a little and inhale a little softer so it may just be that I was trying to be a dyson vaccum cleaner and other people will find it better. Also once the battery gets depleted a little you can pull as hard as you like without any issues at all and get a proper lungful. Saying that I did find 50/50 juice suited it much better and have been using that since my first podful with no issues at all.

On the other hand the 1.2 pod has no such issues. You can sook away as much as you like and it will still give a decent DTL draw with 70/30 juice. And that's the surprise for me with the Xtra. I was sure it'd be a 50/50 juice only device with the pods being so small so although I did find a flaw I do enjoy it and was surprised again at how much vapour comes from this little thing.

Another surprise for me is the flavour. For a simple pod the flavour is very good. It's also consistent and hasn't dropped off over the time I've been using the pods.

MTL wise it's got a loose draw. It probably won't appeal to the people who like a nice tight draw and is more like a standard cigarette than a proper MTL tank. But then it's a cheap, small pod that's mainly aimed at new vapers so it does what it needs to and in my opinion does it well.

With a 900mah battery it lasts a good while. You do have to charge it and fill it more using the 0.8ohm pod than the 1.2 but it does last a good while if you MTL and I can see myself taking this out with me when we're allowed out of the house again.

20200414_151651.jpg

Thanks again to jessica for sending me this to try out. I like it for what it is, a small pod device that is suited to new vapers and a good back up for vapers like myself.

I was also sent a second Xtra so once the lockdown is over I will pop it in the giveaway section so someone else can have have a go.

Jessica @Vaporesso sent me this for review. If you like the marketing stuff with specs, nice diagrams and some professional pics then go here https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/xtra I'll probably cover it all this time though as it's a nice simple kit.

Now I'm not much of a pod person...

View attachment 215643

...I like my single coil rebuildables with a bit of brochrome in them at about 35-40w. Saying that it's not too much of a step down for me to use an aio or a pod and I do always carry one for emergencies, public toilet vaping and the odd sneaky puff in the boozer.

Out of all the pods/aios I've had this is by far the smallest and therefore perfect for the sneaky pub vape. Please ignore my weird thumb.

View attachment 215649

With the kit you get a 1.2 pod, an 0.8 pod, the battery, a cable for charging and the usual paper inserts. Nice and simple. There's a button on the bottom of the battery and the usual 5 clicks will turn the thing on. Filling the pod is easy, there's a nice solid rubber bung in the fill hole and it fits in solid so there's been no leaks so far from there, which is a bonus. Again, ignore the thumb.

View attachment 215650

Once filled it's just a case of dropping the pod into the battery and vaping away. It's a puff activated device and it works as it should.

I started off with the 0.8 mesh pod. As I always do with these types of devices I tried it with 70vg 30pg juice to see if it works and it does, sort of. At full power you will get a slight burnt taste with 70/30 if you go for a big long hard draw DTL. There's no issues with MTL and it does go away after the first few draws but that suggested to me that this device, although touted as good for restricted DTL, is not suited to high VG juice. And that wasn't a surprise to be honest, the coil in the pod is very small. I did also find that using it at full power you can use 70/30 no problem if you relax the draw a little and inhale a little softer so it may just be that I was trying to be a dyson vaccum cleaner and other people will find it better. Also once the battery gets depleted a little you can pull as hard as you like without any issues at all and get a proper lungful. Saying that I did find 50/50 juice suited it much better and have been using that since my first podful with no issues at all.

On the other hand the 1.2 pod has no such issues. You can sook away as much as you like and it will still give a decent DTL draw with 70/30 juice. And that's the surprise for me with the Xtra. I was sure it'd be a 50/50 juice only device with the pods being so small so although I did find a flaw I do enjoy it and was surprised again at how much vapour comes from this little thing.

Another surprise for me is the flavour. For a simple pod the flavour is very good. It's also consistent and hasn't dropped off over the time I've been using the pods.

MTL wise it's got a loose draw. It probably won't appeal to the people who like a nice tight draw and is more like a standard cigarette than a proper MTL tank. But then it's a cheap, small pod that's mainly aimed at new vapers so it does what it needs to and in my opinion does it well.

With a 900mah battery it lasts a good while. You do have to charge it and fill it more using the 0.8ohm pod than the 1.2 but it does last a good while if you MTL and I can see myself taking this out with me when we're allowed out of the house again.

View attachment 215657

Thanks again to jessica for sending me this to try out. I like it for what it is, a small pod device that is suited to new vapers and a good back up for vapers like myself.

I was also sent a second Xtra so once the lockdown is over I will pop it in the giveaway section so someone else can have have a go.

I have not read this as I will be posting mine tomorrow BUT I will read it after,looking forward to seeing what you though matey. You beat me to it! LOL

I have not read this as I will be posting mine tomorrow BUT I will read it after,looking forward to seeing what you though matey. You beat me to it! LOL

Thanks DeeDee. Looking forward to your review as I'm a restricted DTL kinda guy and I know you like your MTL so will be good to see what you think.

Nice one @Gitchy .
I've had this and the o small one in action for a while and wanted to wait for you guy's to post a review as I always seem to be the arse that posts first.
It's more airy mtl than the osmall isn't it.
I've been using nic salt juice in them. 20mg in the mtl pods and 5mg in the dtl as they tend to be low viscosity but smooth for dtl due to the low nic hit.
Definitely recommend them for pocket rockets.
used them more than I'd expected and also in conjunction with nic salt juice they make for a bloody economic vape as you tend to hit them way less.
we've a new pup at the moment (choc lab) so they have been invaluable for grabbing during the multiple night poo trips. God I'm tired.
The chrome xtra looks bang tidy too.

Hey @eyeball kid thanks for commenting.

Looking forward to seeing your review and your thoughts. I've been using 12mg salts in mine with both pods but might up the MTL one to 20 or maybe more as I'm a greedy bugger when it comes to nic. Very surpised at both the flavour you get and the amount of vapour from both pods. Definitely my new backup vape now.

Hey @eyeball kid thanks for commenting.

Looking forward to seeing your review and your thoughts. I've been using 12mg salts in mine with both pods but might up the MTL one to 20 or maybe more as I'm a greedy bugger when it comes to nic. Very surpised at both the flavour you get and the amount of vapour from both pods. Definitely my new backup vape now.
I like the fact you can literally lip the osmall like a cigar.
I'm no big fan of salts in general so I looked back at older juices I've tried and liked then looked for nic salt versions as I don't vape them day to day I have noticed any difference.
I chose the elements tobacco juices as I knew I liked them. Been really chuffed.big
I'd point people to using these with salts exclusively as they perform so bloody well.
I'm a 6mg manabush vaper and 3mg with the odd dtl juices but 20mg salts for mtl and 5mg for dtl goes down a treat.

Back
Top Bottom