What's new

Vaporesso Zero 2 (zero 2 hero!)

I'm a bit late to the party with this one due to shipping shenanigans but @Vaporesso sorted it all out for me, and I'm so glad they did as I could have missed out on what could be my all time favourite Vaporesso pod!

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-1.jpg

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/zero-2
Priced around £30 or less

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-2.jpg

I won't bore you with the tech specs as they are all on the official page (it's worth a look if you haven't seen it), but some of the basics are:

Auto-draw
800mAh battery
3ml PTF Pods (or 2ml TPD jobbies)
Ergonomic

Erm.... that's about all, but don't let that fool you as beyond the specs is one of the best MTL pods I've used.

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-3.jpg

Unboxing
The Zero 2 comes in the now traditional 2 piece posh box and an outer sleeve showing your colour choice, specs and contents, oh and the scratch n sniff sticker.

The top layer holds the Zero 2 in blown plastic and it's pretty secure (there's a protective film over the front which I removed to photograph)

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-4.jpg

The base layer holds all the extras secured in a foam inset.

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-5.jpg

The contents are generous and more what we are used to from Vaporesso, you get the Zero 2 with a preinstalled 1.0ohm mesh pod, a second 1.2ohm CCell pod, the quality USB-C cable, some bits of paper and a nifty 10ml refill bottle.

First impressions
I'm not quite sure what I was expecting but I felt surprised when I first picked the Zero 2 up, it looks superb and the resin style coating had me mesmerised! Photos really don't do it justice as the iridescent effect as you rotate it in the light is almost gem like and the contours add to the effect, it's similar to the coating on the PX80 and quite grippy.

It was also smaller than I imagined; especially in the hand as it easily gets lost in your grip, I can't recall a pod as ergonomic as the Zero 2 and comfortable no matter how you grip it.

Size 89mm x 31.3mm x 19.2mm

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-6.jpg

The 63g weight was reasonable for a metal chassis pod and well balanced towards the centre, I often piss around when vaping and this little bugger balanced perfectly on my thumb-tip while vaping - little things n all that....

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-7.jpg

The shape has clearly been sculpted for comfort and has a really futuristic look to it, the top section with the gel panel is the highlight of this design, it's so 3 dimensional if that makes sense? the finish of it polishes it off perfectly, I've been using it all day and it still mesmerises me.

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-8.jpg

The backside is dull as fuck but smoothly contoured, the subtle etched branding is a breath of fresh air as it doesn't distract you from the design.

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-9.jpg

The pod is a magnetic fit but it feels a little loose to me and there's a bit of play if you wiggle it, that said it hasn't been an issue or irritation during normal use so I'm letting that potential con slide.

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-10.jpg

You get two different pod options included with this kit and they give a totally different vape so the choice will be welcome as you find your preferred type, Vaporesso don't include the coil material but one of our reviewers @red5 enquired and got this reply:
  • 1.0ohm MESH pods used FeCrAl
  • 1.3ohm CCELL pods used Nicr
So if you have a Nickel allergy the 1.0ohm mesh should work for you.

At first I thought the large duckbill platypus mouthpiece might be oversized to what I'm used to but it turned out to be much better and easier to get a proper gob-seal, oh and it's sooooo comfortable!

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-11.jpg

Filling wise; Vaporesso include a refill bottle which is perfect for the PTF (Push To Fill) valve on the base of the pod, I've used these bottles before and they are handy to stash as they are slim, but I found I didn't need it as I use 10ml nic salts and so far all of the ones I've tried fit okay and I've had no problems refilling.

The smoked transparency of the pod is just right, it looks stylish but plenty clear to see your juice level easily

Performance
Before I begin; I was honestly dreading this part as up until now I was loving the Zero 2 but with what felt like a loose pod seal and no adjustable airflow I was expecting the draw to be sloppy loose, I knew the flavour was going to be bangin as Vaporesso deliver consistently on that front, a loose airflow really ruins a MTL pod in my opinion so you can imagine the sense of dread as I edged towards my first draw....

Whoop whoop! it's spot on! I got a proper MTL ciggie-like draw from it right off the bat which really brought a smile to my face, it vapes as good as it looks and the flavour was as good as it gets, Vaporesso have the perfect balance for an MTL draw on this pod, not too loose and not too tight, to the point where RDL isn't suitable as this is a proper MTL kit.

The 1.0ohm mesh coil is exceptional and the pod of choice for my tastes, the 1.3ohm CC Cell one was decent but felt a bit outdated compared but if you don't like the intensity from mesh coils then this one might suit you better, I still use the CC Cell pods in other devices though and they give a pretty good flavour.

Battery life is decent, using the 1.0ohm pod it lasted around 5ml of liquid between charges which is slightly better than I'm used to on a compact pod, charging is a bit slow though as it's 1 Amp and took between 40-50 minutes on average, the LED's pulse from 1 light to 4 lights when fully charged, and the opposite shows the battery status when vaping.

The comfort of this kit has to be felt to be believed, in the hand and in the mouth were equally satisfying (obvious 'That's what she said'), it was only while vaping that I noticed the 4 LED lights that pulsed through the gel panel, they animate nicely and diffused enough not to be too bright, you can also cover them easily in your grip for sly-vaping.

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-13.jpg

Within hours of trying the Zero 2 I knew it was time to retire the Luxe 40 and the Luxe Q from MTL rotation, I had found my new favourite Vaporesso pod, the ergonomics and airflow is just better, the flavour is on par though.

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-12.jpg

There's one pod I'm also letting rest in pieces, my battered XTRA which is my most used pod kit to date, the Zero 2 beats it for comfort, battery life and the leakproof pod and I reckon I will enjoy it for at least as long as the XTRA.

Vaporesso_Zero_2_Pod-14.jpg

Conclusion
You can probably tell that I really like this pod kit by now, there appears to be little in the way of innovation other than the aerospace styling but it didn't need any fancy functions etc. as it just vapes so good, along with the comfort factor I think the Zero 2 stands out in the overwhelming pod market, I think new and experienced vapers will enjoy it equally. The only real con I could come up with was that you cannot change the coils in the pod which is more wasteful and non-recyclable, hopefully the Zero 3 might feature this? the quality just feels so wrong to lob in the bin.

I'm quite quick off the mark with this review, usually I would wait until the pods burn out but Vaporesso have been consistent with their coil lifespan right back to the XTRA and they last for weeks, if something happens along the way I will comment but I doubt it and I doubt my passion for this pod will change after new-toy-itus fades either.

I haven't enjoyed the ergonomics of a pod this much since the old Aspire Cobble but the coils were orrible and leaked to death, pods have evolved since then and Vaporesso have it sussed.

Pros
  • Near perfect ergonomics
  • Compact and stealthy
  • Exceptional Vaporesso flavour
  • Sleek styling and IML coating
  • Leak resistant
Cons
  • Disposable pods
Final Thoughts
I'm bored bored bored with pods but when something like this comes along I'm back in the room, I loves it I does. If you enjoy MTL and like pods then you will more than like this kit.

Nice review, im liking these little pods for me salts for out and about and this sounds good, also got me eye on the voopoo drag 2, so looking forward to seeing your thoughts on that in comparison to this, disposable pods again but other downside on this is they only come I packs of 2, should be at least 3 in a pack, hopefully they will go back to the replaceable coils, rather than the throw away pods,

Thanks for the review Si. Sounds like it would be right up my street if I wanted another poddy.

Back
Top Bottom