What's new

Review Vicious Ant DNA 167

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi Apes todays review is for the Vicious Ant DNA 167w box mod. As usual i would like to thank Anny @gearbest.com for sending me this to review.
As always this will be a frank review on the item.

What's in the box.

The box is a rather big box with a sponge inner holding the device a usb cable and also includes a user manual in English.

Specs

Powered by Evolv newest DNA 250 chip
Supports 2pcs 18650 batteries ( not included )
Output power: 1 - 167W
TC range: 200 - 600 Deg.F
Output voltage: 0.5 - 9.3V
Resistance range: 0.1 - 2 ohm ( VW mode ), 0.08 - 1 ohm ( TC mode )
Output current: 55A
0.91 inches OLED screen
Multiple protections
Material: zinc alloy
Thread: 510
Specification
Product Details

Model: DNA167
Material: Zinc Alloy
Mod: Temperature Control Mod,VV/VW Mod
APV Mod Wattage Range: 151-200W
APV Mod Wattage: 167W
Temperature Control Range: 200 - 600 Deg.F
Battery Form Factor: 18650
Battery Quantity: 2pcs ( not included )
Dimension and Weight

Product weight: 0.1550 kg
Package weight: 0.4310 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 9.00 x 5.50 x 2.50 cm / 3.54 x 2.17 x 0.98 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 15.60 x 15.60 x 5.80 cm / 6.14 x 6.14 x 2.28 inch

Ok so i won't talk about the DNA chipset as it has already been spoke about and almost everyone knows the score, all i will say is the device has a DNA 250 watt chip which is reduced in power to 167 watts due to the duel battery configaration .

The carved design on this mod is something i really like, very eyecatching indeed. The design is all over, including the edges, top and bottom as well as the panels My only negative would be the 510 area may end up worn over time which would be a con for those with OCD.
The device has removable front and back panels which both need removing to take out the batteries should you want to swap them out, You can of course use the 2 amp balance charging that the device is capable of which is rather fast to recharge the batteries.. The second con on this mod will be i feel that a ribbon for helping remove batteries would have been a good thing, rather than removing both panels.
The 510 is sunk slightly so using an atty with a protective ring or washer beneath is unviable as the atty won't make connection.

The device itself is a nice weight with the batteries in and put together so its nice and tight the only rattle would be from the buttons.
The panels are held in place by grooves and a small ballbearing which has a spring underneath. I feel this works very well as it holds the panels really tight. All the edges are rounded off making it feel more confortable to hold.
There is a 6 hole ventilation area on the bottom of the mod.

I have had this mod paired withan OBS Engine mini in black which looks nice together and have found it a nice match, The full size 25mm Engine also fits just about but anything larger will have a noticeable overhang, 25mm has no overhang but there is a minimal slit where the tank meets the curved edge's of the mod.

There are 2 colour schemes either the Black with silver carving or silver with silver carving

Pro's.

Looks really nice
DNA device.
2 amp balance charging
No door magnets to lose
Pricewise £75.85

Cons

510 could have been flush rather than sunk,
No Battery ribbon

Conclusion

I like this device for its looks and obviously because its a DNA device. It's very well priced for a duel battery device with a DNA chipset. Ok it doesn't have the wattage capability of a triple battery DNA 250 but the triple battery configarations can prove problematic due to either battery contacts or battery doors becoming loose or having gaps.
I have had no problems using the Vicious Ant and find it something that friends like to talk about due to it's carved design being different to other mods i own.
If you want a DNA 167w device then for the price its well worth it only the Hcigar 167w is cheaper but not as good in my opinion.

1487150800325624.jpg

1487148517817341.jpg

Back
Top Bottom