What's new

Voopoo Argus GT 2 Kit

Tazz

Legend
VOOPOO ARGUS GT 2 KIT

voopoo_argus_gt_ii_2_kit_colors-1.jpg

Hello all. Firstly I would like to thank Joyi from Sourcemore for sending me this kit for review.
This is not a paid review though I do get to keep the device.

The Argus Kit
IMG_20221125_090827_551~2.jpg

Well, this kit certainly does come well packaged I must say, with all being nicely contained in an ,according to Voopoo, SPTE tin looking as if it could survive a drop from a plane or maybe even worse, a postie delivery!
For the Geek minded out there like me at times SPTE is this "Tinplate (SPTE) is a common name for electroplated tin steel sheets, which refers to cold-rolled low-carbon steel sheets or strips coated with commercial pure tin on both sides" basically the tin stops corrosion and rust!
And, well, it's a tin!
IMG_20221126_132210_204~2.jpg

IMG_20221126_132003_081~3.jpg

This version sent to me is the 2022 World Cup Soccer edition called Honor Blue with mine sporting the French colours. I didn't know there was one like this until it arrived. But a nice surprise it was and perfect timing as the Cup games had just begun. For me win or lose its all good as they are the same colours of the Aussie Rules team I follow the Western Bulldogs.
IMG_20221126_134156_271~2.jpg

The kit itself contains the usual offerings that im sure all vapers these days would be used to seeing when purchasing a full kit, comprising of a mod with tank and accessories.
In it is of course the mod, tank, spare 6.5 ml glass, type C usb cable/lead, spare seals, and two coils. One being a .2 ohm rated 40 to 60w and the other a .15 ohm rated 80 to 100w. Of course there is along with all this a user manual and battery safety card.
IMG_20221126_132734_462~2.jpg

THE TANK

The new MAAT tank is quite an impressive looking thing with a bottom sliding air flow control and what Voopoo call "Volcano Crater design". This is supposed to improve airflow and be virtually leakproof. More on that later.
IMG_20221126_133152_574~3.jpg

The coils are called Dual in One coils and are said to give a much improved flavour profile.
IMG_20221126_133931_555~2.jpg

They are push in pull out style and make contact with the tank base via 3, im assuming gold plated, spring loaded pins.
IMG_20221126_133319_145~2.jpg

Liquid capacity is stated as being 6.5 ml. Pre saturating the coils then measuring the fill see's a real world usage capacity of 5ml.

I do like the fill section of this though as the entire area is covered by a silicone seal with two sections where you push your bottle tip through the seal slits to fill. Its good, as when you remove the tip of your bottle they close around it minimising any liquid spilling over from the tip. Its a much cleaner filling system. The tank top is a pretty tight to do up and undo, a little raspy but it holds nice and firm.
IMG_20221126_133228_849~2.jpg

THE MOD

Ok, the mod is a dual 18650 using Voopoos TT 2.0 Genie chip. It will fire nice and fast up to 200w and is IP68 rated being Waterproof, Dustproof and Drop Proof. I do like seeing mods being made IP68 rated. It should be standard on all mods in my personal opinion.

On board charging is via a C type usb port supporting 3amp charging. The port for this is on top of the mod and covered by a sliding switch type cover sealing it nicely when your done.
IMG_20221217_114755_871~2.jpg

Modes are Smart, where the wattage is selected by the chip so as not to go over a coils limit.
RBA, variable wattage where you set your own level.
Turbo which gives a bit of a boost at the start-up of your draw.
And Temperature Control.
IMG_20221217_115112_412~2.jpg

Changing modes and accessing the menu is as simple as holding the up and down buttons, the + and - , at the same time till you see the menu. Once there scroll down or up using either the + or - button then press the fire button to enter and make your choices.
The device does have a time out where you can select screen time from 10 seconds to 120 seconds as well as brightness adjustment. Note too the mod when not used for a while goes into sleep mode so the first push of the fire button will see nothing happen. Next one and your in business.

On screen you have the power level up top, mode below this, battery levels, puff, ohms, voltage and seconds showing how long your last draw lasted. Pretty much standard display. Indoors its nice and bright and easy to read though when outdoors I found myself needing to shading it to be able to read settings.
IMG_20221216_124322_155~2.jpg

Below the + and - buttons you will notice the lock switch which of course locks the use of all functions.

Visually its a nice mod following in the now seen by others footsteps of the Geek Vape Aegis design which has gained popularity. Its just a good design and its easy to see why it's, some say copied I'll say adopted, used now.

There was a bit of a smell coming from the mod initially, im guessing from the packaging or whatever, when I first got it but was glad to see this disappeared within a couple of days use.
I do have an aversion to odours coming off of anything going near my face so yeah, glad it went.

The battery door is a pop the switch and swing it open type seen on many others. It closes nice and securely, but! The credit card test saw a slight catch on the card as I slid it across the bottom just catching on the release button. I have seen worse and this is really at the lower level of it doing so, but Voopoo, recess it just a tad more!
IMG_20221217_121940_561~2.jpg

The 510 on this mod is too a tad shallow seeing a little headspace between the tank and mod itself. It's not the tank as it sits flush on my other mods. Does it worry me? Not really but if your ocd about that type of thing it may you.
IMG_20221126_235110_981~2.jpg

There are some button rattle noises if you shake the mod but who shakes their mods? I don't but tested it out just to see. It reminds me of an old joke where a man goes to his Dr and says "Doc, when I shake my head really hard like this I get a headache. What should I do? The Dr replies "don't shake your head like that".

Ok, so Dad jokes aside, what's it vape like?

FINAL THOUGHTS AND VERDICT

Alright, these are my thoughts, others experiences may differ.

The first coil I used was the .15 ohm. It gives a really nice flavour and for the first say 20ml I got a little pop on start-up if it had sat for a while. No biggy and after that amount it all smoothed out nicely. Lifespan of the coil was very good seeing me go through easy 150ml till I switched it out.
Here's where I said Id get to that Leakproof bit. I didn't switch it out because it went bad or the flavour dropped, in fact the flavour was still hanging in there really well. It started leaking too often. Id say from about the 80ml use I had to give the tank/coil a blow out each morning to clear out excess otherwise I'd see some juice/liquid around the mod top 510 area. From the 120 ml point I was doing it a couple of times a day. I hated having to ditch a coil that showed no signs of letting up but I dont like seeing leaks. It had become excessive and messy to deal with.

Vaping wise though it was a nice experience with flavour and cloud all the way. The .2 ohm coil which uses a lower wattage level gives a nice smooth vape but I'll admit the flavour to me is better using the .15 ohm coil.

I like the mod, 8 out of 10. For it to be a 10 id love to see the battery door button recessed just a tad more and the 510 a tad deeper. Some might add the button noise when rattled but hey, like the Dr says with that one, don't do it!
https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-argus-gt-2-kit.html

Many thanks again to Joyi from Sourcemore for sending this to me for review.
Cheers to all and stay well and stay safe wherever you are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom