What's new

VOOPOO Argus GT Kit

BigCloud

Veteran
Lilia From the superb @Sourcemore kindly sent me the VOOPOO Argus GT Kit over for review.

The Argus GT comes packaged with an outer sleeve carboard box with a picture of the device of your chosen colour on the front on the rear are the contents list warnings and scratch and scan authentication, inside the box The Argus GT Kit comes in a sturdy compact travel case encased in soft foam to protect the mod, which you normally only find on high end mods, with a nice click latch to open and close the case, on the outside of the case is a large Voopoo logo, a really nice touch from Voopoo.

In the case you get, The Argus GT mod, PNP Pod tank (4.5ml), PNP-VM5 Coil (0.2ohm), PNP-VM6 Coil (0.15ohm), Type-C Charging Cable, and the User Manual.

Box.jpg

The kit is available in 5 colours which are Vintage Grey, Dark Blue, Carbon Fiber, Black Blue and Black Red which is the one i was sent for review.

Specs

Size 51.3 x 26.1 x 132.1mm
Mod Material Leather + Zinc Alloy
Battery Dual 18650(not included)
Max Output 160W
Output Voltage 6.4-8.4V
Resistance 0.1-3.0Ω
Pod Tank Material Stainless Steel+PCTG
E-juice Capacity 4.5ml
Coil 0.2Ω (PnP-VM5) 0.15Ω (PnP-VM6)

PNP Pod Tank

26mm Base Diameter
4.5ml Eliquid Capacity
Dual-Slot Adjustable Airflow
Compatible with Voopoo PNP Coils
Plug N Play Installation
Argus GT Kit

The Argus GT is one small super lightweight compact box mod hardly bigger than the batteries it takes , made from zinc alloy its 30% lighter than most other mods it weighs in at a miniscule 104 grams and 197 grams with two 18650 batteries installed, you hardly notice its in your hand or pocket, its that light and also comfortable.

This a 5 - 160 watt device and increases in 1 watt increments and is powered by the Gene TT chip making it nice and responsive, instead of the usual resin panels Voopoo have gone with an all new leather look similar to the Geekvape Aegis line, black leather sides with a small Voopoo logo on one edge and ARGUS on the spine fading from red to black, with some nice red stitching and a matching colour alloy frame, the chassis has a kind of rough to the touch splatter type effect not over the top just enough and looks really stylish.
Logo.jpg

Batteries are inserted at the bottom by sliding the catch, once open it sits at a slightly upward angle and i feel it could do with dropping down a tad more but theres no problem getting the batteries in, the hinge and door feel pretty loose with a fair bit of wiggle which is somewhat a concern but once closed it is complety solid, and has zero battery rattle.Polarity is cleary marked on the brass contacts.
Battery door.jpg

One thing this device is lacking is battery ventilation holes but looking at the base of the battery door there is a tiny tiny gap which i guess Voopoo have checked and are confident that it will act as a vent.

On the front panel of the mod is a nice 0.96-inch colour screen which displays, Argus, two battery indicator bars, resistance, volts, puff counter, puff timer and puff bar which looks like a graphic equaliser which grows with length of puff taken, takes 5 seconds to fully expand, all easy to read, power button above and +/- below,on the side of the mod is the Type -C port with rubber cover for firmware updates,or charging but i would recommend charging in an extermal charger.
screen.jpg

The 510 spring is loaded and being as its not centered and at the back of the mod even though the Argus GT is 26mm wide as is the tank it very slightly overhangs the mod but 24mm attys fit great

The Argus GT is a simple mod to use. You basically have three modes to choose from: smart, rebuildable and temperature control.

Smart mode is the default mode, which reads the resistance of the installed coil and sets a recommended wattage. You can adjust the wattage, but it will give you a maximum limit.

Rebuildable mode will let you change your wattage freely for when using RDA’s or RTA’s

Temperature control lets you choose between Ni, Ti or SS

Button Combinations

Five clicks of the fire button to power on / off
Three clicks of the fire button changes firing mode:
Smart mode - limits wattage based on coil resistance
Rebuildable mode - no limits on wattage
TC - Ni, Ti, SS - long press fire button to select
When in TC mode, pressing up and down together will allow you to adjust your TCR value, wattage and resistance.
Fire button and down button - clear puff counter
Fire button and up button - lock all device buttons
Fire button, up button and down button simultaneously - display chip ID

If Argus GT has not been used for a few minutes, it goes into a standby mode and you have to wake up the device by pressing the fire button, and then again to fire it, not exactly a great issue but worth mentioning.

PnP Tank

The Pod/Tank is made from a tinted almost clear PCTG anti shatter plastic (it shouldnt break if you drop it either) so it makes it very easy to see your juice levels unlike some pods, the tank/pod is an all in one unit with a built in drip tip,the tank/pod itself connects to a 510 base with some nice strong magnets, the base has adjustable airflow with nice resistance to it, the 510 base has a fixed brass connection pin, and a tiny lip on the underside which makes the tank sit slighty proud on the mod.

Tank + base.jpg

Inserting the coils is really easy they just plug in by pushing with hardly any force at all, and they pull out easily aswell, just make sure the tank is empty or very nearly empty or you will end up covered in juice. every single coil from Voopoos PnP range will fit and there is a wide range to choose from, including the RBA PnP coil.

Filling the pod is simple turn the pod upside down pull out the bung and fill up the hole is fairly large and ive had no problems with 10 ml and standard shortfill bottles but i imagine you would struggle with larger nozzles.
The great thing about this is if you have a few of these pods you can have mulitple flavours on the go as you can simply pull out a tank and replace with another one its a bloody great idea from Voopoo.
fill port.jpg

I have so far only used the PnP - VM5 (0.2ohm) rated for use between 40-60W and its been in for a week so far suprisingly ive had no leaks (not sure if these new PnP coils are any different to the previous ones) running this at 40 watts with airflow virtually fully open and getting good flavour and slightly restictive draw ive been through about 40 ml of juice on this coil so far with not much loss on flavour at all, must say am impressed with this bit of kit.

Pros

Lightweight / Compact
Responsive chip
Looks stylish
Good Flavour
No leaks
Wide range of coils available
Simple to use

Cons

Battery door wiggle
Sleep mode will not be to everyones liking

pick one up here https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-argus-gt-kit.html
Use the code VAGK for a discount.

Once again huge thanks to Lilia @Sourcemore for sending this across

Like the review & like the kit :2thumbsup:, it`s the kit I would buy if I needed one now, you either like the look of the pod or you dont but pod works well. ( X is never out of my hand. )

Just received mine in carbon black. The battery door when open really does flap and float about, definitely a worrying weak point. It made me think mine was faulty until I came here to see this is normal.

Do you think screen has plastic on it as mine looks like it's got light scuffs all over it?

Last edited:
Another great review bud. The newer coils with the black seal are less leak prone than the coils with the lighter seal. The new Wotofo Manik coils should also fit as the Manik can accept PnP & GT coils.

Just received mine in carbon black. The battery door when open really does flap and float about, definitely a worrying weak point. It made me think mine was faulty until I came here to see this is normal.

Do you think screen has plastic on it as mine looks like it's got light scuffs all over it?

the battery door is a worry mate but solid once closed , the screen does have a plastic fim on it peel it off

Good review.
Im enjoying mine.
My only cons with this: not performing 160w (not even close) and that stupid non configurable sleep mode.

Back
Top Bottom