What's new

Voopoo Vinci SE kit

red5

Achiever
Voopoo Vinci Pod SE review by Antony Lord
ZiNrGIaOCHp7KhLzvnX5HL0OJfW7Cfhag-07d0OBgfMGRCAefiPx4bKp77Lq88Sy-Pnnz_uv-lzZj4lOfiZfyf3U5A3g8HRfwtMTNHPlg5Y4Wjip-1RCNYiQCQmkgnCrFckSaA55ujw-erI5V9ceoLF0_jszrJOkpn3DzcRW3AQsUKDs16Bbbk2sPA

Voopoo got in touch recently and asked if I’d be interested in taking a look at their new mouth to lung starter kit, the Vinci SE. It’s been a long time since I used a MTL kit from Voopoo (the original Drag Nano) and to be honest I was all about direct lung vaping at the time so I came away a little disappointed so I thought it was high time I should take a second look and see how their newer kits performed.

Specifications:
  • 93.5 x 24 x 14 mm
  • 42.3 grams
  • Aluminum Alloy construction
  • Output Power: 11-15W
  • Built-in 900mAh battery Type-C charging
LDyuFuykFR7F80fyJGMACvfFEF31pg5qgAeSORd9R02Zk1IoKSHLymZOXSPf-KXK4sg44D8CLtE1WA7TfYS3C_gJgxbs0UfsLb2BQbkNxYiG6aEmGN5PArSYUiF3ZF-WMuFcR9mOL_-iFUO5pR7ArC8OBNgS4HlpZTZVcq2QfF2Im6awvTUVBaBTIg

The Vinci SE comes in eight colours and I was sent the coffee brown version to test, the packaging is fairly bold but simple. The contents are a little light with only one pod included in the kit, a brief user manual and a type-c charging cable.

HZhmqLqsU7-t3N_Fq7rk4y8czvUAHZU558RXXxrXpbFgMjPwSvdelCiET7f1jlUln2r-ukpu8S5ROTXiaihMqItkatwGjG9DQForvcKeC0leD41LpmjJ4Bu4ZAms4jAcpYjlv2cSPMv4GossbV9LV6UhM_zUMJVn0MVFLh8DD5eoYt7ODQMsqfftLQ

The Vinci SE is a fairly standard pod system with an extruded aluminium alloy shell, I do like the anodised finish on the shell and the other subtle lines on the front and back of the device really set this off nicely from a visual standpoint and the design of the pod means that its very easy to monitor you eliquid levels through the convenient viewing window.

There are two small air inlets on either side of the pod recess leading to the autodraw tubes below the pod. This uses a press fit design and the pod stays firmly in place during use. There are no complicated buttons here to confuse new users as this is an autodraw only setup.

On one side there’s a usb-c port for charging. Voopoo claims “fast charging” but in my test this never went above 0.71 amps and took 1 hour and 33 minutes with a final recorded 878 mAh capacity. Vape whilst charging also doesn’t seem to be supported if that’s something you rely on with these smaller kits.

3IFTnaSuCn9VVhM6zbQUBPPHmGbtotkYqwid0rLLlrXaBPu7hwfuvz7meMw-A9YFSf8mlGb9Vz2Bix5UvJjmk7n-TL94wON1zhvmaKSrJLYdoqdaOmRF4nyYetfYa081vNqIWBLbvpGtuyI2uaqMQIp9dlk10Y78fLtQD_MNShm3hc_oBtYzBCGB6A

The only other exterior detail is the power led on one side, this has a mirror finish and proved to be a right bugger to photograph! It’s much brighter than I could capture on my camera.

hBCGrBXl1KjC0EasgGvD0gcKoUR3Ee5OMB72IxGvzr_LYGrcvQ_uN2U6yd-HcRrBpRAG-arz_GQYcPHRqAsCQSnZeoBB9FvmCaNjcOTjzfbwIx_fSe-wWkN0AJi7-NtN0RJ8V8UECzfCZal4k9QO_oQl63QL2uw_hQgDyR87pohygle4EnW5U8ykmQ

The Vinci SE is compatible with all previous Vinci, Vinci Q and drag Nano 2 pods. Sadly only one 0.8 ohm pod is included in the package but this features four air inlets at the base for a smoother draw and condensation capture system at the base to prevent leaks and condensation, this seems to be quite effective as I’m really enjoying the slightly loose MTL draw and haven’t experienced any condensation under the pod.

The mouthpiece is antibacterial and pops off the top of the pod for a convenient top fill experience, this is much better than the usual rubber bung affair. Flavour from the pod is good for a pod device of this nature and Voopoo were kind enough to let me know that the included 0.8ohm coil is Kanthal so it’s suitable for nickel sensitive vapers like myself.

Pros:
  • Good battery capacity
  • Leak free pod with convenient top fill

Cons:
  • Relatively slow charging
  • Only 1 pod included

Conclusion:

I’ve been missing out by avoiding earlier Vinci pod releases after my poor experience with the now ancient Drag Nano. This is a thoroughly modern starter pod that can hold its own against other similar kits and is well worth a look if you want something pocketable and discreet to use in public.

Many thanks to Voopoo for sending the Vinci SE out for review.

@VOOPOO

Hi @rew no it's a fixed airflow system. Modern caliburn style MTL draw.

Back
Top Bottom