What's new

Voopoo Vinci X Modpod Review.

myvapingreviews

Postman
The team over at VooPoo got in touch, and very kindly sent over the Vinci X for me to try out and review.

I find the evolution of Vaping fascinating, for years we had, basic Ecigs, which everyone started on, and then progressed up to a tank and separate mod. And then with TPD developments we were introduced to the Pod Culture, these small, leakproof, low capacity , low wattage devices. Which left a void between the pod and the mod, a void which was quickly filled be the clever manufactures like VooPoo, who managed to design a device, with the convenience and ease of use of a Pod System, with the performance of a mod and tank, delivering a sub ohm tank performance from a pod style system, and with this creation the Pod-Mod was born.

Nearly every manufacture in the market place have developed a Pod-Mod tyle device, moving away from the standard 510 connection, and replacing it with an AIO (All-in-one) style, where the tank/pod is an integral part of the device, and is designed to only fit that single device.

to read the full review head over to my blog My Vaping Reviews

The team over at VooPoo got in touch, and very kindly sent over the Vinci X for me to try out and review.

I find the evolution of Vaping fascinating, for years we had, basic Ecigs, which everyone started on, and then progressed up to a tank and separate mod. And then with TPD developments we were introduced to the Pod Culture, these small, leakproof, low capacity , low wattage devices. Which left a void between the pod and the mod, a void which was quickly filled be the clever manufactures like VooPoo, who managed to design a device, with the convenience and ease of use of a Pod System, with the performance of a mod and tank, delivering a sub ohm tank performance from a pod style system, and with this creation the Pod-Mod was born.

Nearly every manufacture in the market place have developed a Pod-Mod tyle device, moving away from the standard 510 connection, and replacing it with an AIO (All-in-one) style, where the tank/pod is an integral part of the device, and is designed to only fit that single device.

to read the full review head over to my blog My Vaping Reviews
Hi there

Thanks for sharing the review.

I do have a question though. The pnp voopoo coils are leaky, i could see in one pic that the juice had leaked into the contact well but u haven't mention any leaks?
So im curious, have they improved their coils? How did you find them during use?
I know its feedback that many of us have shared on potv.

I am a big Voopoo fan myself and have reviewed some of their items but the coils have always let them down so i would like your thoughts on them if possible? :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi there

I do have a question though. The pnp voopoo coils are leaky, i could see in one pic that the juice had leaked into the contact well but u haven't mention any leaks?
So im curious, have they improved their coils? How did you find them during use?

I am a big Voopoo fan myself and have reviewed some of their items but the coils have always let them down so i would like your thoughts on them if possible? :)

Thanks in advance!
Hi thanks for getting in touch. Really didn't encounter much leaking really. I think in the photo there was some residue on the coil, after I had had it out. But no really leaking over the two weeks I tested. Performed really well. I didn't even get am leakage using the RBA which I thought I would.

Great little device. Definitely recommend it.

Hi thanks for getting in touch. Really didn't encounter much leaking really. I think in the photo there was some residue on the coil, after I had had it out. But no really leaking over the two weeks I tested. Performed really well. I didn't even get am leakage using the RBA which I thought I would.

Great little device. Definitely recommend it.
No bud, the coils leak like a bugger. Poor insulator quality. (Doesn't matter which coil, low ohms or pnp, ).
The device is a cracker but those coils are frustrating. The flavour is possibly the best around but you have to Dab the base every half an hour or risk juice ingress. We've lost one vinci x here already due to juice ingress.
I'd still recommend for sure but beware the coils.

Hi there

Thanks in advance!
The rnd dept are looking at the coils Dee, haven't heard back yet. Smok one's do exactly the same but vaperesso seem to hold their own.
Once fixed the vinci and definitely the drag will become pretty much perfect in my books.

Good in depth review and I do like the vinci x I've got 2 of them, for out and about excellent devices

But the coils do bloody leak, not to mention the rubber bungs degrading and snapping at the corner, this has happened on 3 of my 4 pods

Not sure what ratio juice reviewer was using but I'm using 50/50 20mg salts with the 0.8 coil and they leak

One on the right is completely submerged in juice one on the left is after a couple of days, one thing I will say about the x is that it does alot better job at keeping the juice out of the device, I had the normal internal battery one, I gave it my brother it's still going but juice got in and half the display is dull other half normal but still working
20200529_105307_compress98.jpeg
20200529_105323_compress20.jpeg

Good in depth review and I do like the vinci x I've got 2 of them, for out and about excellent devices

But the coils do bloody leak, not to mention the rubber bungs degrading and snapping at the corner, this has happened on 3 of my 4 pods

Not sure what ratio juice reviewer was using but I'm using 50/50 20mg salts with the 0.8 coil and they leak

One on the right is completely submerged in juice one on the left is after a couple of days, one thing I will say about the x is that it does alot better job at keeping the juice out of the device, I had the normal internal battery one, I gave it my brother it's still going but juice got in and half the display is dull other half normal but still working View attachment 219266View attachment 219267
I will play devil's advocate because I'm a sweet sweet man and say to be fair, if it's a sample kit the one's I received first had far better coil qc and we didn't have much issue with the coils in the pack, I did however have to update my review's and any other's I saw to warn of the issue after purchasing more coils as they leaked terribly. It may sour my relationship with the manufacturer but hopefully they are more than smart enough to take it on board as constructive criticism as it has led to Mrs kids Vinci x dying due to juice ingress. Plus nobody is going to trust a review that doesn't keep abreast of issue's that crop up along The way.
The last pods I bought mrs kid did seem to have upgraded fill bungs. Rather than thin pull tags and solid bungs they had double deals on the bungs and the tags seemed sturdier. SO hopefully they are reacting to issue's.

I will play devil's advocate because I'm a sweet sweet man and say to be fair, if it's a sample kit the one's I received first had far better coil qc and we didn't have much issue with the coils in the pack, I did however have to update my review's and any other's I saw to warn of the issue after purchasing more coils as they leaked terribly. It may sour my relationship with the manufacturer but hopefully they are more than smart enough to take it on board as constructive criticism as it has led to Mrs kids Vinci x dying due to juice ingress. Plus nobody is going to trust a review that doesn't keep abreast of issue's that crop up along The way.
The last pods I bought mrs kid did seem to have upgraded fill bungs. Rather than thin pull tags and solid bungs they had double deals on the bungs and the tags seemed sturdier. SO hopefully they are reacting to issue's.
yeah agree youd think they would hopefully do something about the coil QC but then again they just go and release another 2 devices using the same coils with the same issues, pod with decent fill bung, adjustable air flow and coils /pods that dont leak not much to ask you'd think and a bit of testing prior to release wouldn't go a miss

yeah agree youd think they would hopefully do something about the coil QC but then again they just go and release another 2 devices using the same coils with the same issues, pod with decent fill bung, adjustable air flow and coils /pods that dont leak not much to ask you'd think and a bit of testing prior to release wouldn't go a miss
The vaporesso ones are spot on but slightly different (The voopoo pnp coils will fit the pm80 but it's gonna leak). Unfortunately they don't fit the voopoo.
You'd hope they'd sort it quick. You can literally see the insulator curling out of the coils in the packs.. Grrrr. Pods are better on the drag mash ups for sure.

Back
Top Bottom