What's new

Voopoo Vmate Max

Netvaper

Achiever
Voopoo Vmate Max Pod Kit

The folks at @Sourcemore kindly sent me this to review.

It’s available at the time of this review at https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-vmate-max-kit.html for about £16 with the coupon code VMMA.

What’s in the box

1723111226935.png

Specifications
  • The device is made of zinc alloy and plastic.
  • Size 103x29x18.7mm, weight 78 grams (with pod fitted).
  • Auto draw only, menu button and adjustable airflow slider.
  • Gene AI chipset with 3 preset vaping modes and a Power mode to manually select the wattage (5-30), the usual safety features include a 5 second fire cut off.
  • 1200mAh internal battery, 2A USB-C charging port with pass through.
  • Hidden Horizon screen shows a battery % status bar, the preset mode or watts if in Power mode, ohms and a 4 digit puff counter or briefly a puff duration after taking a draw.
  • Dual 256 RGB colour LED bars either side of the screen.
  • Two PCTG pods with fixed kanthal mesh coils, 0.4ohm (18-30w) and 0.7ohm (15-25w), the ohms are marked on the fill plugs, duckbill mouthpiece, standard capacity 3ml, TPD 2ml.
  • The pods are new to the Vmate Max and while described as top fill they’re actually side fill, Voopoo claim a 3x upgrade over the compatible V2 pods in terms of leak proof (up to 30 days), flavour and coil life (90ml).
The Mod
The available colours are below, I received the Fancy Purple.

1723111364461.png

It’s a stylish looking kit, is pocket friendly, light, feels well made and finished, is comfy in the hand and features a hidden screen and light bars either side underneath the front plastic panel. The screen display is quite small but clear and fades after about 15 seconds of taking a draw, it is barely readable outdoors. The airflow adjuster is on the back and has a large, a medium and a small hole (about 0.8mm), the latter is closed when the adjuster is fully to the right and is the only one open when fully to the left. The menu button is on the side, the charging port is on a non-slip rubber like base that’s narrow so easy to knock over. Branding consists of VOOPOO on one side and VMATE MAX and Gene AI on the other. It’s good to see both available pods included, they are a click-in fit and are held firmly and securely. The battery charges quickly with the screen showing the % and a nice handy estimated charging time, the manual covers the basics.

The menu button provides the following functions, you need to click it quickly.

• 5 clicks turns it on.
  • Pressing once displays the screen.
  • 2 clicks turns the light bars off/on when vaping.
  • 3 clicks toggles through 3 preset output modes options, ECO (lower power), NOR (optimum power) and SPT (higher power), the wattages used aren’t specified.
  • 5 clicks brings up the menu options:- PUFF CLEAR, SHIFT (only shown if in Power mode), POWER MODE (only shown if in a preset mode), OFF and EXIT. Toggle through with a single press and a long press to select one. SHIFT is to let you select a preset mode if in POWER mode as 3 clicks will adjust the wattage, press the button to increase by 1 watt or hold to scroll. It will round robin when it hits the maximum wattage permitted for the coil’s resistance.
The settings are retained when it is turned off. With quite a number of options it’s maybe more suited to experienced vapers than first timers but you can just turn it on and vape with the default preset NOR mode. I found the menu overly complicated and I’d rather they’d used 5 clicks to turn it off and 4 clicks for the menu options or better still put the preset modes in the menu options so as well as OFF you wouldn’t need SHIFT. EXIT is superfluous as the menu closes whether you select an option or not.

Filing & Vaping
Filling the pod in the mod is easy via the rubber plug which can be pulled to the side so it’s out of the way and the juice level is clearly visible. The mouthpiece is comfy, the inhale activation works well, the airflow slider remains in place and I was able to comfortably avoid covering it when vaping. You should find one of the 3 preset modes to suit and as you’d expect they make a difference in vapour production, juice consumption, how quickly the battery depletes and flavour but it’s good to be able to select your wattage if like me you prefer that. I vaped a 50/50 NET in the 0.7ohm pod at 11w with the 2 smaller air holes open and it produced nice flavour with a smooth draw and used it every day over 5 days with no leaking or condensation issues.

Final Thoughts
It’s a stylish looking, light, nicely made kit that's vapes well with good flavour, the included pods provide a rdl or mtl draw and there’s a lot to like about it especially for the price. My only real niggles are the new pods only come in 2 resistances and that overly complicated menu.

Back
Top Bottom