What's new

What am I doing wrong?

Xinte

Postman
Hi Folks, I eventually made the leap from pod systems to a Nautilus 3 and Fireluke 22 tanks, I am using the same NET tobacco's, Black Note and La Tabbacceria but I am so dissapointed that coils are lasting me less than a day, I have been using 1.0 ohm coils at 11-13 watts MTL and within a few hours the liquid turns almost black and has a burnt taste, although I did used to go through pods quicker, I just thought it was something I'd have to put up with using NET liquids, but I did get 2-3 days from a pod, and all the advice said go for a stock coil tank and after lots of research I purchased the 2 aforementioned tanks, but I feel I'm in a worse situation than before, I must be doing something wrong as others seem to be having a great experience on these tanks. I really don't want to take the next step to rebuildable coils and wicks so I am hoping that someone may be able to help me get my set up right please as I am just cannot afford to keep buying kit

I vape LT and Drake's NETs with a 1ohm coil in a Nautilus 3 and they last very well and I have no issues with juice going black or a burnt taste, The recommended range of it is 13-15 but I run it at 9w as I find manufacturers' ranges are on the high side especially for mesh coils which have a larger surface area. As for pods I use a Puremax and while it's only my out and about vape it lasts for yonks with the same juice with 1.2ohm pods on the lowest power setting.

NETs do gunk coils a fair bit including in a rebuildable but wire and cotton is cheap as chips.

I vape LT and Drake's NETs with a 1ohm coil in a Nautilus 3 and they last very well and I have no issues with juice going black or a burnt taste, The recommended range of it is 13-15 but I run it at 9w as I find manufacturers' ranges are on the high side especially for mesh coils which have a larger surface area. As for pods I use a Puremax and while it's only my out and about vape it lasts for yonks with the same juice with 1.2ohm pods on the lowest power setting.

NETs do gunk coils a fair bit including in a rebuildable but wire and cotton is cheap as chips.
Thanks for your reply Mr Net, I do have a rebuildable tank, however even with this, the coils burn quickly and I have to rewick really often. I wonder if it's my style of vaping, ie chain vaping, that keeps the coils too hot and burns the liquid. I will try to run my Nautilus 3 at 9w to see if that makes a difference. I have the DaOne Rico for out and about, great little pod kit

Thanks for your reply Mr Net, I do have a rebuildable tank, however even with this, the coils burn quickly and I have to rewick really often. I wonder if it's my style of vaping, ie chain vaping, that keeps the coils too hot and burns the liquid. I will try to run my Nautilus 3 at 9w to see if that makes a difference. I have the DaOne Rico for out and about, great little pod kit

I hope the lower wattage helps but yes with chain vaping the wick needs to be able keep up with it otherwise you get dry hits.

Back
Top Bottom