What's new

What juice do you mix today... Thread

@joe clay I have that problem with concentrated orange juice and most fish... my OH has it with anything fatty... force feeding at an early age just makes people unable to eat or drink the things that they were forced into...
Reminds me of my mom when she went through a long, long phase of cooking all the veg in a pressure cooker ... it wasn't til I left home that I realised veg tasted OK when it wasn't practically liquidised!

Today - apricots and strawberries!

I can't find the link now but that reminds me of a box mod with 2 atties inside, 2 fire buttons to decide which attie fires.. It's a good idea.

A member on here recently got a wooden box mod from the guy that makes it.. I can remember who though.

That's Chris Birks from affordable mods. His 'ol sparky box mod is bloody amazing and I love it to bits.

Fully mechanical including the ingenious switch and totally hand made. Lowest voltage drop of anything that I've owned.

Put together a Pernoir (aniseed and licorice), with lime and wintergreen mix last night, and rather enjoying it too.

A heavy medicinal taste at 10%, almost as if your mother was paranoid about your health and simply gave you a spoonful of each medicine to be on the safe side.

The lime is somewhat muted by the rest of the flavours, so might adjust to add a bit more zing, and possibly some koolada would go well, but I need to add that one to the pantry first.

Put together a Pernoir (aniseed and licorice), with lime and wintergreen mix last night, and rather enjoying it too.

A heavy medicinal taste at 10%, almost as if your mother was paranoid about your health and simply gave you a spoonful of each medicine to be on the safe side.

The lime is somewhat muted by the rest of the flavours, so might adjust to add a bit more zing, and possibly some koolada would go well, but I need to add that one to the pantry first.
That sounds nice.. I'm going to make a sample of this right now but the wintergreen substituted for something else :)

That's Chris Birks from affordable mods. His 'ol sparky box mod is bloody amazing and I love it to bits.

Fully mechanical including the ingenious switch and totally hand made. Lowest voltage drop of anything that I've owned.

Thanks. I had his site bookmarked with the intention of buying something of his one day but the bookmark vanished.. He doesn't seem to have as many listed as he used to.

Last edited:
That sounds nice.. I'm going to make a sample of this right now but the wintergreen substituted for something else :)
It is pretty tasty :-) not a bad effort for my 3rd mix, and the other 2 weren't terrible either.

Dislike wintergreen, don't have any, or think something else would fit better?

It is pretty tasty :-) not a bad effort for my 3rd mix, and the other 2 weren't terrible either.

Dislike wintergreen, don't have any, or think something else would fit better?

I don't have any.. And don't fancy it :)

I was thinking maybe:

Aniseed
Licorice
Lime
Maybe Melon, Cherry, orange or blackcurrant.. I'm not sure yet.. Melon sounds like it might go well..

I'll let you know soon :)

This is what I went for:

2uep2rp.png

It's nice straight away but we'll see how it steeps if I have it long enough :)

What bozzer89 said!

Not sure I would've gone mango, blackberry being licorice's friend, but should be interesting none the less :-)

So far today I have mixed dark choc with a tobacco base and the same again with a ginger overtone. Hopefully some custards and mount baker later once the pesky kids are fed, watered and in bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom