What's new

Review Wismec Presa 40w Box Mod + Kanger Subtank Mini (alternative set up to Subox)

davrog

Achiever
I received my Wismec Presa 40w box mod from Noble Vaping for £29.99 with free delivery.

What is it?

The Wismec Presa is a fairly new box mod, competing with the iSticks, MVPs, and Kanger Suboxes. At 40w it's not as powerful as the Subox's 50w, but that would only come into play if your vaping below 0.3ohm, and my limit is 0.5.

The key 'unique selling point' of the Presa is it's switch set-up. Rather than use a small single point button as the switch, one whole edge of the Presa can be squeezed to activate the switch. So when gripped in the hand, it's very very easy to vape, without having to locate a specific button area.

Who are Wismec?

Wismec are wholly owned by Joyetech, and indeed the Presa is designed and manufactured by Joyetech. I'm am not altogether sure why Joyetech are releasing some equipment under the Wismec brand; some suggest it's a 'budget' line but I honestly don't see this being the case based on the Presa. I own 3x Joyetech Ego Ones, an eGrip, and an older Joyetech tube mod, and I can say hand on heart that the build quality and finish of the Presa exceeds most Joyetech equipment I've owned.

Let's take a first look:-

20150810.jpg

The Presa is a small device; around the same size as the Kanger Subox in height, but it's 'arced' shape means that, at the neck, it is a lot narrower than the Subox.

The device features 40w of power and voltage up to 10v (with appropriate coil that can support 10v within 40w). The device includes features such as adjustable variabe wattage and voltage, a rotatable screen, ohm reading, puff length counter, and also comes with both an electronic ('5 clicks' style) lock, and a mechanical lock, that prevents the large switch edge of the device being activated. Good 'belt and braces' locking. You can also 'lock' your set wattage or voltage, so that the device can be fired, but VV / VW settings cannot be changed - a useful feature.

The Presa includes a 2600Mah integrated battery. So it differs from the Subox, which uses an 18650 battery. It contains all of the expected safety features, including short circuit protection, low voltage thermal runaway protection, etc.

Fit and Finish
As I said above, the fit and finish is really good. The body and switch edge are made from SS. The 510 threading is very good, and an adjustable (floating point) pin is used.

The screen is small, but bright.

Another pic, to keep you interested :D

20150811.jpg

What's it like in use?

The switch takes about 2 seconds to adjust to, and is absolutely amazing!. Why no-one else thought of this sooner I don't know. You can place the device in your hand, with the switch edge either against your palm, or the opposite way, with the switch on your fingers - and it works equally well both ways.

Just squeeze your hand and vape. :)

I've been vaping using the Kanger Subtank Mini on the device, with both 0.5 and 1.2ohm coils and the device is a brilliant combination - especially for those that don't fancy the black or white colour options of the Subox

If you like your SS look, then the Wismec Presa and Kanger Subtank Mini are a perfect match.

20150812.jpg

I also tried two 16mm diameter tanks with the unit - the Kanger Subtank Nano and a Nautilus Mini and both look great with the unit too. The package comes with a 510>Ego adaptor, so you can also use Ego threaded tanks if you still use them.

The Presa has become both my 'goto' mod for the Subtank, and my favourite box mod in my collection. It weighs around half what my MVP3.0 weighs, is almost half the size, and has 10 more Watts. :)

If you are a 0.5ohm vaper who (like me) loves the Kanger Subtanks, this is a perfect match, a fantastic alternative to the Subox.

I'd rate the device as 10/10, and would highly recommend it!

20150813.jpg

Last edited:
Nice review there. Not something I'd be into but the review is very detailed. You'd make a good car salesman [emoji38]. The bit about the switch though...it has been thought of before. One of the Smok devices has a switch like that.

I was sent one of these to review and it's a great little mod! Battery lasts for ever and so simple to use. My only negative is that I feel it's a little underpowered. 30w on my ipv mini 2 hit harder than 30w on this. However most tanks at 0.5 won't need more than 30w ish so you've got another 10w to play with to bring it to par with others. Cracking design and very well built. I took mine apart to see the insides and took me an hour to get back together, everything has its place and fits in tightly, all real estate is utilised brilliantly to keep it tiny

For my video review, look up Mikethevaper on YouTube. It's called "totally wicked grip" (they rebranded it as per haha)

I received my Wismec Presa 40w box mod from Noble Vaping for £29.99 with free delivery.

What is it?

The Wismec Presa is a fairly new box mod, competing with the iSticks, MVPs, and Kanger Suboxes. At 40w it's not as powerful as the Subox's 50w, but that would only come into play if your vaping below 0.3ohm, and my limit is 0.5.

The key 'unique selling point' of the Presa is it's switch set-up. Rather than use a small single point button as the switch, one whole edge of the Presa can be squeezed to activate the switch. So when gripped in the hand, it's very very easy to vape, without having to locate a specific button area.

Who are Wismec?

Wismec are wholly owned by Joyetech, and indeed the Presa is designed and manufactured by Joyetech. I'm am not altogether sure why Joyetech are releasing some equipment under the Wismec brand; some suggest it's a 'budget' line but I honestly don't see this being the case based on the Presa. I own 3x Joyetech Ego Ones, an eGrip, and an older Joyetech tube mod, and I can say hand on heart that the build quality and finish of the Presa exceeds most Joyetech equipment I've owned.

Let's take a first look:-

20150810.jpg

The Presa is a small device; around the same size as the Kanger Subox in height, but it's 'arced' shape means that, at the neck, it is a lot narrower than the Subox.

The device features 40w of power and voltage up to 10v (with appropriate coil that can support 10v within 40w). The device includes features such as adjustable variabe wattage and voltage, a rotatable screen, ohm reading, puff length counter, and also comes with both an electronic ('5 clicks' style) lock, and a mechanical lock, that prevents the large switch edge of the device being activated. Good 'belt and braces' locking. You can also 'lock' your set wattage or voltage, so that the device can be fired, but VV / VW settings cannot be changed - a useful feature.

The Presa includes a 2600Mah integrated battery. So it differs from the Subox, which uses an 18650 battery. It contains all of the expected safety features, including short circuit protection, low voltage thermal runaway protection, etc.

Fit and Finish
As I said above, the fit and finish is really good. The body and switch edge are made from SS. The 510 threading is very good, and an adjustable (floating point) pin is used.

The screen is small, but bright.

Another pic, to keep you interested :D

20150811.jpg

What's it like in use?

The switch takes about 2 seconds to adjust to, and is absolutely amazing!. Why no-one else thought of this sooner I don't know. You can place the device in your hand, with the switch edge either against your palm, or the opposite way, with the switch on your fingers - and it works equally well both ways.

Just squeeze your hand and vape. :)

I've been vaping using the Kanger Subtank Mini on the device, with both 0.5 and 1.2ohm coils and the device is a brilliant combination - especially for those that don't fancy the black or white colour options of the Subox

If you like your SS look, then the Wismec Presa and Kanger Subtank Mini are a perfect match.

20150812.jpg

I also tried two 16mm diameter tanks with the unit - the Kanger Subtank Nano and a Nautilus Mini and both look great with the unit too. The package comes with a 510>Ego adaptor, so you can also use Ego threaded tanks if you still use them.

The Presa has become both my 'goto' mod for the Subtank, and my favourite box mod in my collection. It weighs around half what my MVP3.0 weighs, is almost half the size, and has 10 more Watts. :)

If you are a 0.5ohm vaper who (like me) loves the Kanger Subtanks, this is a perfect match, a fantastic alternative to the Subox.

I'd rate the device as 10/10, and would highly recommend it!

20150813.jpg

Ordered one from Gearbest - looks cracking. Great review too.

Back
Top Bottom