What's new

Review Zero Modz T/C

AceMelon

Achiever
I'm not a reviewer, but I didn't know where else to put this. So now that's out of the way...my impressions.
I ordered this last week from FastTech.
It arrived in a nice box. Not the one on the advert pictures, but I didn't buy it for the box so not an issue.
image.jpg
It is a Zero Modz clone. The screen says 'elove' DNA 50w when I put a battery in.
Being curious about the temperature control aspect I ordered some Ni200 subtank coils at the same time, which were also delivered today.
So being a bit of a twat, the first thing I did with it was play with the buttons. No volts readout that I could find anywhere.
The screen displays battery, ohms, watts and Fahrenheit even with a kanthal coil on board. The coils read 77F no matter how hot it gets. So it's just the Ni200 then. This impressed me more.
I did a twat thing and bolted a brand new coil, dry onto the subtank mini base, turned it up to 400F and 50W and hit the button. It crackled slightly and flashed up temperature protect. I played with the settings and couldn't burn the cotton.
So that's a tick.
I put some Toonz in the tank, wet the coil and had a toot.
Tastes funky. I guess that's the superheated cotton then. Half a tank later and all is well with the world.
Next I swapped it over to my subtank mini running an Ni200 and some Toonz. The result was it tasted pretty near identical. Next up I dropped 0.5ohm regular occ in there. The taste is a bit crisper off the kanthal. The Ni200 giving a fuller but more mellow taste (for me)
Then I kind of run out of things to do with it. I played with the buttons. The usual, power, screen, left ,right, etc.
It's in my hand reading 0.12ohm on the Kangertech Ni200 coil, 40W, and it appears I like a coolish vape as I only have it on 320F and that seems to suit me at the moment.
In summary.
It works, cracking little mod, very pretty, the grey battery sleeve shows every blob of eliquid, or other hand contaminant. It's worse than a shiny surface. But it cleans very easily. It has a nice non slip texture. Although I already have plans to wrap the sleeve.
The temperature control appears to work nicely, no dry hits even on empty. Just ramps it back until you get nothing.
On regular coils it works the same as pretty much any other 50w mod.
When you swap coil/atomiser it asked me if it was the same coil or new. So I'm guessing there is some funky electronic magic going on to detect what type of coil it has. So just for giggles I put my derringer on it with a 0.2 ohm dual twisted build, and it chucked impressive clouds with plenty of flavour at 35-40W.
All in all very very pleased!!!!
image.jpg

I got the original 50 watt version from FT without the Temp control!!! Cracking mod and pretty much all I've used since I got it!!! I love the sleeves, I've got Five all wrapped differently and another Three on the way from China!!! I love the way you can customize these mods and have a new look whenever you want!!!

I've got a horrible feeling my two week old Sig 150 is going to see very little use from now on. I really like this little thing.

Yes it's wrapped with air free car vinyl!!! I bought the vinyl for that one off ebay for £1.80 delivered I think!!! If you look on FT at the info for the sleeves it gives you the SKU numbers for the mods it fits!!!

I have one coming, a Yosen Zero 50w without the temp control option. I couldn't resist the green/purple marbling look. In theory it should be here by Thursday. Looking forward to trying it out. It's nice to know how interchangeable the sleeves are. Nice review, and I'm glad everything seems to work as expected after tinkering with it. Looking to get a Sigelei 75w (Brown/Silver) as my first dip in to temp control.

I have one coming, a Yosen Zero 50w without the temp control option. I couldn't resist the green/purple marbling look. In theory it should be here by Thursday. Looking forward to trying it out. It's nice to know how interchangeable the sleeves are. Nice review, and I'm glad everything seems to work as expected after tinkering with it. Looking to get a Sigelei 75w (Brown/Silver) as my first dip in to temp control.
The bad news is the sleeves don't come off on them!!! they have a cap to slide the battery into!!!

The bad news is the sleeves don't come off on them!!! they have a cap to slide the battery into!!!

Agh OK, thank you for letting me know. I will certainly look out for the wraps, and I chose the green/purple option as I know I would be happy with it. Always nice to have a change though when boredom sets in.

Agh OK, thank you for letting me know. I will certainly look out for the wraps, and I chose the green/purple option as I know I would be happy with it. Always nice to have a change though when boredom sets in.
I got my vinyl off these!!! SNAKE SKIN CROC / CROCODILE SKIN AIR FREE VINYL WRAP STICKER EXOTIC ANIMAL SKIN | eBay They were actually cheaper than I thought!!! They go on really easily although they might be a bit trickier with a fixed sleeve!!! You should be alright if you've got a scalpel or a decent craft knife!!!

Back
Top Bottom