What's new

TPD 2ml tanks loophole

It's the EU guv'ment I was referring to, but as Brexit doesn't happen till next year, our guv'ment are still included under that umbrella.

It's no wild paranoia, I know our government and that of the EU are as bent as they come.
Big Tobacco is losing out as more and more of us turn to vaping, ciggy revenue is/was a significant contribution to the public purse.
The Government aren't in favour of vaping as they have no control.....the NHS and health services are in favour of vaping for obvious reasons.
Although they do make 20p for every pound we spend on vape stuff, so they always get you one way or another.

The EU isn't losing out, but it's so corrupt Sepp Blatter turned down a job with them.

I believe the 20 pack rule wasn't put in to stop kids buying fags but to make smokers buy more. I know a couple of people who used to make a pack of 10 last a day, now they're up to 15.

The fact that they imposed the opposite rule on eliquid makes you wonder what their motivation is.

I can understand the logic behind both moves, not that I agree with it though.

But why would the eu want people to buy more fags?

Don’t get me wrong I understand that governments and people in positions of power are generally corrupt. But I find this particular theory highly unlikely. Especially when we consider the other requirements like those horrendous photos, plain packaging, the health warnings etc. Those really do put people off buying fags. Actually it was round about that point in time I chucked it and took up vaping even though I was only occasionally buying packaged tobacco by then.

Don’t get me wrong I understand that governments and people in positions of power are generally corrupt. But I find this particular theory highly unlikely. Especially when we consider the other requirements like those horrendous photos, plain packaging, the health warnings etc. Those really do put people off buying fags. Actually it was round about that point in time I chucked it and took up vaping even though I was only occasionally buying packaged tobacco by then.

It's all a front. Everything today is a front, with everybody in the public eye saying what Twitter expects them to say.

How do you explain the American stance on vaping? It's purely because of lost tobacco revenue.

At least the Italians had the balls to come out and say it, but the bollocks that all the other anti vaping countries come out with is down to lost tobacco revenue, nothing else.

Do you think the uk is anti vaping?

There are pockets, yes. Welsh Labour is anti, as is, shamefully, the BMA.

I always thought it was a cheek for a trade union to call itself The British Medical Association, but they've shown their true colours over vaping.

It's disgraceful they won't recommend vaping even conditionally, as an alternative. Their stance suggests people are better off smoking, but they are in bed with big pharma, much like the WHO.

PHE, as we all know, is more positive and I remember reading 5 years ago that they were anticipating closing hospitals by 2030 due to the drop in the number of cancer patients. I don't think they'd taken into account the fact those who would have died from cancer will need treatment for age related illnesses and will end up being a bigger burden.

I mean generally as far as the state here. The BMA is a different thing, but the state (ie the government) and health related public bodies appear to be supportive of vaping. In the absence of some new evidence that show vaping to be significantly harmful I don’t see how that can really change.

Back
Top Bottom