What's new

Street parties? WTF!!!!

I hate to say it but this whole country is fucked beyond belief.
Then we question why we have the 2nd highest death rate.
No, it's the same all over. I speak to people from all over and it's happening or happened everywhere.
People are universally stupid.
The unique population and housing situation of the UK made the current situation inevitable. In fact we've probably done very well.
Our whole country is so closely populated or interlinked that we're massively susceptible. That why New York was hit harder than anywhere else. Multiple city centres with surrounding urban sprawl.
It is what it is.

Agreed. Selfish cunts who think their own social lives are more important than finally beating this virus. All the armchair experts can fuck off too. If they knew as much as they make out, they'd be the ones getting a decent wedge for trying to save us and getting on the telly. Oh and fuck anyone who classes me a sheeple. I can make my I own mind up, and I'd rather choose short term inconvenience over dying or putting others at risk. Arrogant fucks! I want this to end sooner rather than later.

Surely an anonymous call can be made to the rozzers, regarding very large gatherings, or will they not act on such info without a complainants name?
They had calmed down by 2.30 ... not as bad as last time - still annoying

Just spotted the extent of celebrations round here, my one neighbour put 4 balloons up in the front garden.

Can't believe I'm reading there were actual parties going on in other areas, but I shouldn't be shocked based on previous experiences with idiots.

Just spotted the extent of celebrations round here, my one neighbour put 4 balloons up in the front garden.

Can't believe I'm reading there were actual parties going on in other areas, but I shouldn't be shocked based on previous experiences with idiots.
Not all parties broke lockdown rules. Not everybody taking part was an idiot. Nice sweeping generalisation there [emoji1303]

Not all parties broke lockdown rules. Not everybody taking part was an idiot. Nice sweeping generalisation there [emoji1303]

Any party is breaking the lockdown rules. You are only supposed to go outside for food shopping, exercise or essential work.

We were invited to one in our street which is a fairly quiet sidestreet off the main road.
This morning everyone else seemed to be preparing - tables and parasols being erected in front gardens, bunting and flags strung up, party fare being laid out on the tables etc.
We decided not to go because we're both vulnerable through age, and I'm glad we didn't.

What started off in front gardens then spilled out onto the pavement, and their seemed to be droves of non-residents arriving bringing bottles and stuff.
All very jolly, with kids and dogs running around, but there was no regard being paid to social distancing whatsoever.

To be frank, I just don't get it, and these are fairly normal mature and sensible people.
We'll probably be social pariahs now but I don't give a toss.

We were in our own gardens. I'm pretty sure nobody said we can't do that
I was in my garden too with the neighbors on my side sticking to social distancing and we had a good time talking shit over the fences and silly dancing it was the other side of the street that was acting crazy

No, they didn’t. Probably not what most people would think of as a party, though.
With a whole row of houses doing the same and chatting to each other, drinking, eating and smiling and laughing, it's pretty much a street party.

Doesn't make us all idiots though.

Back
Top Bottom