What's new

Nuts

Would rather go down a dry nutty non sweet with this...

FLV Beer Nuts and WF Macadamia Nut are the driest I have.

I've used Macadamia to dry up 'soggy' tobaccos and pastry it has a fairly generic nuttiness (but not in a bad way)
Beers Nuts is a slightly salty and more like a peanut to me.
The only other option that would cross my mind is using some FLV Red Burly, which is dry and nutty... but you'll be adding the other tobacco notes, a little spice and ashiness too which you might not want.

FA almond is dry .... but you might taste cherry/fruit notes in it, which you've said you are trying to cover up, so I wouldn't use that... it might work to accentuate that though if you fancied making a different blend later.

Same with TPA toasted almond to a lesser extent because of the toastiness.

But I would probably avoid almond altogether if you are trying to cover up fruit notes.

FA nut mix is the one i usually stick in a baccy blend. it is also quite good if you add just a drop or two of either the pistachio or hazelnut with it.

FA nut mix is the one i usually stick in a baccy blend. it is also quite good if you add just a drop or two of either the pistachio or hazelnut with it.

yeah, nut mix is good.. the only reason I don't use it all the time is that I get a bit too much walnut from it for me. It's quite earthy though which does work well in tobaccos I think.

ah, another good one for this is INW little space drop. it’s a strange one. good for rounding out a baccy blend in the nut direction but without overtly tasting like nuts. this might not make much sense but i canny explain it any better. :)

yeah, nut mix is good.. the only reason I don't use it all the time is that I get a bit too much walnut from it for me. It's quite earthy though which does work well in tobaccos I think.

that’s interesting, to me it tastes like a very generic nutty flavour. i don’t get any specific nut coming through. i am guessing we prob use it at different percentages though. i always have it low in the mix.

@Rickster do you like sesame? the INW sesame is pretty good. the taste is like they sesame snap things, higher percentage it’s a bit sweet but very low it is a more toasted sesame flavour i get from it. another good one for certain baccy mixes.

Back
Top Bottom