What's new

Mod Wiring Diagrams

Hi Gerry,
When I built mine, I used 0.5mm wire. Never had a problem with it until I put the batteries in the wrong way and blew the board. 0.5mm is good for 9a I believe but due to the short runs, its capable of the job.

Perfect thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I do think that on your diagrams there should be battery polarity. I might be obvious to most but to a novice, dealing with a series circuit for example it might be less of a head scratcher. If you ever need any help, I'm a dab hand at photoshop!

I do think that on your diagrams there should be battery polarity. I might be obvious to most but to a novice, dealing with a series circuit for example it might be less of a head scratcher. If you ever need any help, I'm a dab hand at photoshop!
Battery polarity protection? Maybe. I'd hope that anyone building a mod would understand battery safety

Battery polarity protection? Maybe. I'd hope that anyone building a mod would understand battery safety

I just saw a picture of a bloke that couldn't use a hybrid mech and had serious burns to his mouth and tongue. I wouldn't leave anything to chance :)

Series will give you 8.4v on a full charge but will drain your battery as fast as an 18650 mech. Parallel will double your battery life.

Someone correct me if I am talking complete bollox, it's late

Series boxes - you're never going to to get the full 8.4v off a Mosfet mod. Generally at rest, my boxes stand at 8.2v, when they're fired, you have to account for battery sag. The more batteries in series, the more sag. I mean my Triple S (Triple Series) stands at 12.4v at rest and sags to around 10.5-11v compared to the standard S (Standard Series) sits at 8.2v at rest and sags to around 7.2ish. It's a technicality, yes, but with these types of boxes most people are going off the 8.4v they think they're getting opposed to the true firing voltage that is going through the coils.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433185810277.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433185810277.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Looks interesting! What's the specs? Voltage, amp limit ect?

Last edited:
The only limitations are the batteries and cable so as high as you want to go. It basically turns the mosfet on and off quickly controlled by the pot ;-)

Wow ok! Sounds very interesting :)

Got a parallel and series 26650 and a 10a raptor to build first lol

By the way how the fuck so you solder the cap between pin 2 and 3 on the raptor? Not tried yet but I'm quite concerned lol

Wow ok! Sounds very interesting :)

Got a parallel and series 26650 and a 10a raptor to build first lol

By the way how the fuck so you solder the cap between pin 2 and 3 on the raptor? Not tried yet but I'm quite concerned lol

Being very careful ;-) you can use wires to make it easier

Back
Top Bottom