What's new

0.45 Kanthal

Top tip - Flame it before you coil, makes it a little bit easier!
Also, Make sure you tell me what you get... I'm trying to get a 0.5ohm single coil for the hell of it :P

4 wraps = 0.3ohms.
I can't fire it up, I've only got a Vamo at the moment.

4 wraps = 0.3ohms.
I can't fire it up, I've only got a Vamo at the moment.

BLOODY HELL!

Therefore, 0.3/4 = 0.075

1.3//0.075 = 17.33 recurring JUST go get a coil that fires.
So, you need around 18 wraps ;)

I've got a mech coming next week, will I die if I do say a 6 wrap coil?
I'm still unsure of how much power a coil of that weight would use up. Any advice before I burn my face off and kill my batteries? :58:

Last edited:
I've got a mech coming next week, will I die if I do say a 6 wrap coil? ;)

You'd need a battery capable of at LEAST 15 amps to pull that off... One sec... I'll do the maths :P

0.45 ohms.
So yeah, 15 amp battery at least as you'll be drawing 10 amps at that (roughly).

Just checked and it doesn't say. Any idea if this is any good to use?
I've only coiled with 0.2 and 0.3x0.1 ribbon.
I'll probably blow myself up if I use this gear or I'll only get 1 wrap for something like 2ohms.
Maybe it's best to use it for dual coils?

Just went and looked it up on their website and nothing is listed but under 0.42mm the Resistance ohm/m - 9.67

Meaning that using a full 10cm piece will give a coil of 0.97ohm, so 0.45mm will be slightly lower... mega sub ohm vaping :D

you will need over 1.3 to fire on the vamo

"1.3//0.075 = 17.33 recurring JUST go get a coil that fires.
So, you need around 18 wraps ;)"

18 wraps for 1.3ohms...
this wire sounds mental.
I like it :P

You'd need a battery capable of at LEAST 15 amps to pull that off... One sec... I'll do the maths :P

0.45 ohms.
So yeah, 15 amp battery at least as you'll be drawing 10 amps at that (roughly).

Is an 18650 big enough or should I stack 2 18350s? I am joking really, I know this is not advisable if you value your boat race :-)

Back
Top Bottom