What's new

Advice for a flavoursome 30-38mm RDA

islandclouds

Initiate
I cant believe im back again , only just posted my rant on regulated mods a few minuets ago.
This time im after advice if any of you guys can help .
As i said in my last post i recently bought a Stormbreaker Mech with a Matching Valhalla 38mm.
The RDA works fine , it does what it says on the tin but using different kinds of cotton from cotton bacon to kendo as well as using twisted aliens to home made coils from kenthal to the stainless steel flat wire im using at the moment im just not getting the flavour .
Im kind a novice at over size drippers and am thinking about a better tasting RDA.
ive tried lots and lots of Drippers in the past under £35 and the best one i had so far is a wotofo profile mesh.
its so easy to build on and the flavour is awesome but would look silly on a stormbreaker due to its size.
i know there are probably better designer rdas out there , but ideally im looking for a large mesh rda 30mm plus .
Does one exist? i know i would have to watch my ohms using one as sometime mesh runs at lower resistance .
Failing that if i have to stick with wire can anyone recommend a larger RDA with a 510 compatable drip tip?
Im not a fan of the Drippers that are stubby and extra wide bore .

many thanks

Steamcrave Plus V2 or Ragnar can be run in RDA mode & have a mesh deck available to use. I use the Plus V2 in RDA mode with the mesh deck on a squonker but easy to use for dripping. They're 30mm & 35mm respectively.

Buy a Ragnar, awesome they are, I do use mine in rda mode, but really the Ragnar has such great flavour there is no need, I drip on my Ragnar in tank mode anyway. Previous to recently buying the Ragnar and Titan tanks I've been dripping for the last 2 years, hardly touched them these last couple of weeks.

Buy a Ragnar, awesome they are, I do use mine in rda mode, but really the Ragnar has such great flavour there is no need, I drip on my Ragnar in tank mode anyway. Previous to recently buying the Ragnar and Titan tanks I've been dripping for the last 2 years, hardly touched them these last couple of weeks.
Many thanks for the response Andi52 , both the Steamcrave Plus V2 and the Ragnar look awesome with shed loads of accessories but they are not really what im after just yet, thou i could change my mind at a later date.
At the moment Im looking for a simple minimalist RDA with a topcap, base with 2 or 3 post .

Steamcrave Plus V2 or Ragnar can be run in RDA mode & have a mesh deck available to use. I use the Plus V2 in RDA mode with the mesh deck on a squonker but easy to use for dripping. They're 30mm & 35mm respectively.
Many thanks for the response nwhornet , both the Steamcrave Plus V2 and the Ragnar look awesome with shed loads of accessories but they are not really what im after just yet, thou i could change my mind at a later date.
At the moment Im looking for a simple minimalist RDA with a topcap, base with 2 or 3 post .

Reread your op & you mention 510 tip compatible. Issue here is the larger the attie, the larger the coils, the more airflow required to prevent overheating. 510 tip with small coils will result in a washed out flavour. 30mm + decks are geared around 4-5mm coils due to large chambers. Even the Profiles are 810 tips although slightly smaller bore than say a Goon style tip. Ability to close down airflow will help some way to increase flavour but it's a balancing act between power, mass of coils & airflow.
I'd suggest the Asgard as that has adjustable honeycomb airflow, smallish chamber, postless deck for easy build but unless you can find a 510 adaptor you're stuck with 810 tips. Try one of your other decks with the Profile tip & close down the airflow, You'll notice a difference.
As regards the Steamcraves mentioned, have a search for the OG Plus as it was on sale cheap due to being end of life & the mesh deck is around a tenner. You can dial in the airflow to suit your needs & you have the abiltity to run either mesh or coils. As always with a mech be aware of Ohms Law & if your using either Samsung 30T or Mollicel P42A in the Stormbreaker you'll be good with the low ohm of mesh strips.

If you want a super simple 30mm RDA go for the Deathtrap from Deathwish Modz

maxresdefault.jpg

30mm.png

Flavour wise the OG Asgard by vc is great, the Suicide Mods Nightmare RDA is great too, that’s only 28mm though. As for mesh, I have no experience but have heard good things about the Ragnar.

Back
Top Bottom