What's new

Argos UK Recalls bunch of devices (Smok and Innokin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big selling point of Molicells, was that they were approved for vape gear. As far as I understand it, none of the rest are...?

Some others must be @MavicP , some vape brands have had their own rewrapped batteries (aspire comes to mind, but there are others) and then there were the rewrapped ones totally wicked and others were selling (I have a few of them but the brand name escapes me at the minute).

But aye, I can see a possible line of attack on the battery front.

Some others must be @MavicP , some vape brands have had their own rewrapped batteries (aspire comes to mind, but there are others) and then there were the rewrapped ones totally wicked and others were selling (I have a few of them but the brand name escapes me at the minute).

But aye, I can see a possible line of attack on the battery front.

@zouzounaki Mind around Xmas, the VTC 5's were on offer and the reasoning was that they were supposed to be used in battery packs, so were getting sold off cheap. To be fair, Fogstar did say that they were perfectly ok to use in vape kit.
Normal battery dilligence should ensure that everything is as it should be, but regs are regs, I suppose.

The big selling point of Molicells, was that they were approved for vape gear. As far as I understand it, none of the rest are...?

That because companies like LG and Sony don't sell them as consumer cells, if they did they would come with proper branding and packaging. In that sense they aren't 'approved' for anything, they are supposed to be sold to manufacturers of electric bikes, laptops, hoovers etc. Sony has no interest in vaping, they have little to gain and potentially a lot to lose if there's any negative reports or accidents. I'd guess that molicell aren't in the same place as Sony.

That because companies like LG and Sony don't sell them as consumer cells, if they did they would come with proper branding and packaging. In that sense they aren't 'approved' for anything, they are supposed to be sold to manufacturers of electric bikes, laptops, hoovers etc. Sony has no interest in vaping, they have little to gain and potentially a lot to lose if there's any negative reports or accidents. I'd guess that molicell aren't in the same place as Sony.
I haven't seen that. It does make sense and I'm seeing more internal battery mods appearing again in manufacturers catalogues which (shock, horror) I don't necessarily think is a bad thing as we are a tiny minority here. More and more really need something that's plug and play.
I hope that cell suppliers work with manufacturers and the likes of fogstar alone in the future as the amounts of dodgy or fake cells out there is getting silly.
Looks like the future may be more restrictions.
Who will supply my 18650's for my fake ring doorbell. (You don't want to see the ones that came with it, God bless wish).

I haven't seen that. It does make sense and I'm seeing more internal battery mods appearing again in manufacturers catalogues which (shock, horror) I don't necessarily think is a bad thing as we are a tiny minority here. More and more really need something that's plug and play.
I hope that cell suppliers work with manufacturers and the likes of fogstar alone in the future as the amounts of dodgy or fake cells out there is getting silly.
Looks like the future may be more restrictions.
Who will supply my 18650's for my fake ring doorbell. (You don't want to see the ones that came with it, God bless wish).

No I don't think it's a bad thing either. I've told a couple of people who I've got vaping to stay away from removable cell mods. It would just lead to move confusion, more questions and more expense for them, which is not what they need while trying to stop smoking.

This is what I was talking about.

61259233_2369161900040049_1614895638732865536_o.jpg

No I don't think it's a bad thing either. I've told a couple of people who I've got vaping to stay away from removable cell mods. It would just lead to move confusion, more questions and more expense for them, which is not what they need while trying to stop smoking.

View attachment 192877

That's pretty much what Fogstar had as an advisory on Sony VTC-5's, so I did a bit of reading on what the critrea for using these batteries actually was. As a reasonably experienced vaper, I'm comfortable that with knowledge most batteries are safe to use. To new users however, it's a bit of a minefield.
I used to debate that removable cell mods were the way to go, as when the batteries were goosed, you got some more and carried on with the same mod. But how many of us actually hang on to a mod that long..? Most mods are victims of the shinyitis sun within 6-12 months, so maybe sealed battery mods are where it will end up.
I still think that knowing the potential of what you have in your hand or pocket it the most important thing you need to learn, once you start to look at vaping as a serious alternative to smoking.

View attachment 192877
Nice one.
Thinking about it, I doubt any battery vendor could persuade an insurance company to cover them to take responsibility for the cells use. The risk of claim is too large.
Like I said, I've just received three 18650 rechargeable batteries with a doorbell camera. It's not a large leap to imagine someone using them in their vape rotation.
I think we'd see far more compact, efficient and longer lasting mods when manufacturers are forced to commission cells to optimize space without the constraints of existing sizes.

That's pretty much what Fogstar had as an advisory on Sony VTC-5's, so I did a bit of reading on what the critrea for using these batteries actually was. As a reasonably experienced vaper, I'm comfortable that with knowledge most batteries are safe to use. To new users however, it's a bit of a minefield.
I used to debate that removable cell mods were the way to go, as when the batteries were goosed, you got some more and carried on with the same mod. But how many of us actually hang on to a mod that long..? Most mods are victims of the shinyitis sun within 6-12 months, so maybe sealed battery mods are where it will end up.
I still think that knowing the potential of what you have in your hand or pocket it the most important thing you need to learn, once you start to look at vaping as a serious alternative to smoking.
It depends. I'm also someone who goes for removable battery mods. But I'm also still using the first box mods I bought ........ ;)

It depends. I'm also someone who goes for removable battery mods. But I'm also still using the first box mods I bought ........ ;)

My IStick 20W, and Coolfire IV Plus are still going strong. Not in as regular use as they used to be, but I still have a nautilus mini on the Istick and Dvarw is nice on the Coolfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom