What's new

Review Aspire ESP 30W Box Mod

EssexBoy

Achiever
Aspire ESP 30W

This product was received free of charge for the purpose of review however my review remains accurate and honest.

Specifications:

Spring Loaded 510 Threaded
Variable Wattage: 5W to 30W
1900mah LiPo battery
Self adjusting 510 connection point
Micro USB port for charging
USB Pass-through
Carbon Fiber appearance
Minimum Resistance: 0.3ohm

First Impressions
Here is Aspires go at a box mod, not wanting to be outdone by Kanger. The ESP is the main rival to the Kbox and has some unique features.
The Aspire ESP 30 comes in a nice presentation box made of firm cardboard. The box is basic but in tradition with the other Aspire products. Also included in the box is a micro USB for charging.
My real first impression came when I lifted the device from the box. Its so light. I haven’t found any details of its weight but I can assure you that its as light if not lighter than a iStick 20W.
The ESP is wrapped in a carbon effect which is the normal for the direction Aspire is taking with their most recent products.
The feel in the hand is great. The rounded edges fit nicely in the hand. It seems as though it has been ergonomically designed for comfort.

Using the device.
The device is simple to use. Probably one of the simplest boxes I have tried. On top of the device is a rotary knob that allows you to alter the wattage setting from 5-30W. The knob works well and clicks at each increment. The simple ability to be able to be precise with your wattage selection already puts its in the lead against the Kbox with Kanger restricting the user to preset outputs.
There is also a screen, a small screen but nevertheless very useable and clear in all lights. The display is similar if not identical to that of a DNA30 device.
Although the top tapers a 22mm atomiser still sits flush with no overhang.

On the underside there is a micro USB that allows external charging as well as the bonus of a pass through facility.

My thoughts.
For me this is a little work horse. It is more useable than a Kbox due to its ability to state exact wattages. I see this as an “evening down the pub”, “meal with friends” kind of device, something that fits nicely in your pocket and is discreet. The ESP still allows you to have adequate power for most atomisers. I believe that this has been designed for use with a nautilus or similar positive ohm atomiser and not a subohm clearo. The reason I say this is due to its ramp up time. I screwed on an Atlantis 2 and set it to 30W……..and waited. The time to get any sort of “vape” and to warm up the coils was frustrating. Not only this but at 30W I saw the 1900mah Lipo last me 3 hours before having to plug it in again. I decided to try with a nautilus (with 1.5 ohm coil), at 12 – 15 watts I got a full work day and the most of an evening before it required charging and it never missed a beat.

All in all I like it. Is it for me…..probably not. I normally vape at 60W+ day in day out however this will remain in my cupboard for those evening outs and as a smart little back up device.

The ESP 30 watt can be purchased for a bargain price of £24.42 from efun.top (China based)

Aspire ESP 30 Watt Box Mod - $38.40

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Hows the 510 ? there was the thread recently where i guy had 2 break in succession , a guy at work who's getting in to vaping fancies one and asked me what i thought to them .

Hows the 510 ? there was the thread recently where i guy had 2 break in succession , a guy at work who's getting in to vaping fancies one and asked me what i thought to them .

Mine was fine but has only had a few days vaping. Great little starter box or for someone as a back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Mine was fine but has only had a few days vaping. Great little starter box or for someone as a back up.

Cheers matey he's a clearo user and happy with it , i bought him a cheap tugboat , coiled if for him and lent him a box mod and he wasn't really interested so one of these may be just the job .

Cheers matey he's a clearo user and happy with it , i bought him a cheap tugboat , coiled if for him and lent him a box mod and he wasn't really interested so one of these may be just the job .

Yeah I agree. With a clearo you will get a good day and a half out of the battery. Note that it doesn't come with an ego adaptor though.

Yeah I agree. With a clearo you will get a good day and a half out of the battery. Note that it doesn't come with an ego adaptor though.

He's using a gladius which is 510 so he should be alright

I said this or possibly my money might go on an mvp3 but that's based on the mvp2's track record for reliability not that many people seem to be using the mvp3 .

I think in reality you pay your money take your chance with all these box mods i just found it harder to recommend one than choose one for myself .

He's using a gladius which is 510 so he should be alright

I said this or possibly my money might go on an mvp3 but that's based on the mvp2's track record for reliability not that many people seem to be using the mvp3 .

I think in reality you pay your money take your chance with all these box mods i just found it harder to recommend one than choose one for myself .

The difficulty is that as soon as you buy one a new one comes out!!

. Note that it doesn't come with an ego adaptor though.

The ego adaptors supplied with the MVP20/30w fit nicely. :)

Interesting to read the OPs view on this. These where my thoughts after first use. :)
Hope ya don't mind me tagging it along with the orrigional post.

I reached for the ESP around 6 last night, the usual time my hands go to poo, and have been using it all of today. I've run about 3 1/2 - 4 sub tanks of different juices through, Cosmic fog shocker, The Vial plantains de brûlée, Nick's Blissful brews Lush, & Ben Jonson's Jumanji. I had to put it on charge at 7.30 (3hr charge time on 5s/iPad mini 5mAh plug). I've been running 16-17w (static 18w for all juices with MVPs) I'm guessing this is due to LiPo over the usual cells in box mods. I've also had to make minor power changes for some juices.
The ESP is light, and sits in the hand very comfortably. The fire button has a nice positive click, but light enough to use with one finger/thumb, even when my hands decide to act the maggot and stop working. With the MVP at that stage I have to use 2 hands, one to hold the box, and a second finger on top of the one on the fire button. I really like the chunky feel and build of the MVPs, but they're just not useable for me in the evenings. That point on its own make the ESP a winner for me.
My subtank minis both sit about 1/2mm off the face of the ESP, but doesn't affect use in any way, it's purely a cosmetic thing. The adjuster knob did get a bit 'glitchy' on one occasion last night, I was playin around with it, at 9w I turned it up, and nothing happened. About 2 seconds later, it jumped straight to 12w, then worked perfectly, and has done since. (I was playin with it on purpose) This may become an issue if you normally change settings a lot, I don't feel the need to do this at all with the MVPs, and only need to change the ESP by 1-2w for some juices so can't see any issues down the line. I've also noticed, the ESP shows both tanks @ 1.2ohm, while both MVPs show one @ 1.3 and the other @ 1.4ohm. Make of that what you will. :) It's light enough that without a tank, you wouldn't notice it in your pocket when out and about, making it ideal as a backup if your out for a while and don't want to run out of power.
This is now my 'go to' mod in the evenings, light, easy to use, nicely balanced with the subtank mini, and good staying power. Day and a half in, I'm impressed, I'll update with any issues.
On a personal note, I'm a sucker for the look of the ESP with the carbon and graphics. :D

The more I think on the 'glitchy' issue, the more I'm inclined to suggest a display issue over a faulty adjuster. I moved the adjuster what would have been about 3w, then stopped moving it. The display hopped to 12w, like the display had 'froze' then cleared.

Back
Top Bottom