What's new

Best 4 Nine Clone

I have had no such problems with mine, I use it with a 1:1 tobh from fasttech and the tobh fits perfectly, all my batteries are vtc5 so as I change them I just swap the switch magnet and spacer magnets across, job done.

Nah that looks pretty poor you can see the joins really clearly the better mods you can't see them

Maybe, but for eight quid you can't really go far wrong....

I have had no such problems with mine, I use it with a 1:1 tobh from fasttech and the tobh fits perfectly, all my batteries are vtc5 so as I change them I just swap the switch magnet and spacer magnets across, job done.

This is where I cave a bit I'm not sure when it comes to having to use spacer magnets etc... I just want a small mod with a tank atty that's reliable to take on holiday with me lol

This is where I cave a bit I'm not sure when it comes to having to use spacer magnets etc... I just want a small mod with a tank atty that's reliable to take on holiday with me lol

From the research I did before buying it you can easily use nipple top batteries without needing the spacer magnets, I run mine in 18650 with VTC5 so they are flat top, but I ran it for over a week without the spacer magnets and it works fine it just gives the switch a bit of a long throw. I really don't find it faffy using the magnets, you take the battery out slide the switch off the bottom and the magnets off the top, stick em straight on the fresh battery and away you go. It would be faffy if you were using several different brands of battery because you would need to adjust the number of magnets to get the throw right, but if you always use the same brand it is a piece of piss.

Seems like a lot of people are setting up their 4nine clone magnets all wrong. There should be no magnet to magnet contact. The only time a magnet should be used as a conductor in a 4 nine is when you put it on top of the battery as an extra shim to make the throw shorter.
If you have a similar clone to mine it should be battery contacting brass and then the copper button touching the same brass piece that contacts the bottom of the battery.... not Magnet on magnet.

The problem is that the magnet that is pressed into the brass piece needed to be pressed in just a tiny bit further.
Easy fix using a 10 millimeter socket and a pair of pliers.... they call that a Portuguese press. ;)

Hope this helps... it fixed all my 49 problems with aching at the button. I can make a video for anyone who is struggling with a 49 and they can't grasp what I am talking about.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of people are setting up their 4nine clone magnets all wrong. There should be no magnet to magnet contact. The only time a magnet should be used as a conductor in a 4 nine is when you put it on top of the battery as an extra shim to make the throw shorter.
If you have a similar clone to mine it should be battery contacting brass and then the copper button touching the same brass piece that contacts the bottom of the battery.... not Magnet on magnet.

The problem is that the magnet that is pressed into the brass piece needed to be pressed in just a tiny bit further.
Easy fix using a 10 millimeter socket and a pair of pliers.... they call that a Portuguese press. ;)

Hope this helps... it fixed all my 49 problems with aching at the button. I can make a video for anyone who is struggling with a 49 and they can't grasp what I am talking about.

I reckon you have hit the nail on the head mate.

Mine is perfect with all atomisers with no messing at all...

I reckon you have hit the nail on the head mate.

Mine is perfect with all atomisers with no messing at all...

i really do like my 4/9 i do use different brand batts so need to adjust to suit as said earlier.
my flat tops need a magnet spacer nipple tops just go straight in.
the problem i have with mine is the black threaded washer type spacer thingymibob?? if you fit mine with the brass insert my kangers push it out thus making them wobble and will not screw down. i feel it needs a deeper brass threaded topcap and would be perfect

i really do like my 4/9 i do use different brand batts so need to adjust to suit as said earlier.
my flat tops need a magnet spacer nipple tops just go straight in.
the problem i have with mine is the black threaded washer type spacer thingymibob?? if you fit mine with the brass insert my kangers push it out thus making them wobble and will not screw down. i feel it needs a deeper brass threaded topcap and would be perfect

This post screws my mind lol.

Here's how I assemble mine:

Get the tube and drop the brass button with the logo in, make sure it's flush with the bottom.

Then stick the magnet with spacer to the bottom of the battery.

Drop the battery in the tube, and screw on the brass top cap.

Now I can screw on any atomizer, no wobble or adjustments needed :D

Back
Top Bottom