What's new

Big Tobacco bets on e-cigarette future

K

KulrMeStoopid

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/cb76997e-e0a5-11e1-b465-00144feab49a.html

E-cigarettes contain nicotine-infused water that is inhaled as a vapour and can be legally consumed indoors, not to mention on intercity coaches.
Some contain a red glowing end to resemble the burning tip of a cigarette, and are available with various tobacco-like flavours such as menthol.
They retail from about £20 for a “starter kit” containing a battery powered tube and vapour charges that contain several hundred doses.
As conventional smokers are encouraged to extinguish their butts through a mix of increasing state regulation of public consumption and high taxes, Big Tobacco and a host of independent companies – such as Skycig, Vapestick, Vapouriz, Ploom and Steamlite – are betting that smokeless cigarettes could be a future substitute.
E-cigarettes have been on the market for several years, but few solid statistics are available on their uptake among the UK’s 10m smokers.

I dont think there is a single factually correct bit of info in that....

"Vapour charges with several hundred doses"

"Nicotine infused water vapour"

"tobacco flavours such as menthol"

:-s

Some people do not know how to research a subject!
Generally if I want to know about something, I find its forum....that way you have a community of people experienced in that subject in a variety of different degrees.

This person has obviously just typed ecigs into google and read the first five results, and job done!

Back
Top Bottom