What's new

Can I make saline solution?

Taken from the E-liquid recipes resources page (http://e-liquid-recipes.com/master-mixers-tips-and-tricks )

Saline, or saline solution, is medical grade distilled water with salt (NaCL). It's typically used in tobacco or bakery-flavors, and adds body and enhances flavors. Just like salt in foods ;) It may add a salty note to your liquid

It can be used in all flavors to enhance flavor and add moistness, test it a bit before making a big batch.

It reduces the mouth/sinus/throat-dehydration caused by VG and PG.

If you add distilled water, vodka or PGA to dillute your juice, you can try substituting it with saline. A good pointer could be that flavoring and saline should amount to 20-25% of your total volume. Though some just add 3% saline to their mixes, perhaps a bit more if you are heavy on the VG.

The medical stuff usually comes in 0.5-0.9%. Nasal cleaner for babies will do the trick also.

Do keep us up to sped with how it works out, might be a useful wee addition to the juice armoury.

Thanks @EmbraSewerRat, good info. Well, I've mixed one with and one without so we'll see. It's only 1 drop per 10mls but who knows, might have an effect.

Arnie.jpg

Ok, re-reading @danb's post, I've made 0.9% saline solution by mixing 4.5g table salt with 500mls previously boiled water. I think that's right. Cheapest concentrate ever. :D Thanks all for the help.

Yeah that's fine. For 0.90% exactly you'd want 4.5 g in 495.5 g of water.

Do keep us up to speed with how it works out, might be a useful wee addition to the juice armoury.

Well, the results are in! I popped the saline and non saline PB cereal into two identically set up aromamizers, fully expecting there to be no discernible difference in the taste. There's only 1 drop per 10ml of saline after all, but lo and behold, there is a significant difference between the two juices. The saline brings out an added depth of flavour from the peanut butter. It's bolder and more savoury, in a good way. I'll definitely be adding this to the other couple of peanut butter juices I make and wonder what other flavour profiles it might suit?

By the way, Charlie Noble's PB Cereal is a damned fine juice. Highly recommended. I can't stand to eat peanut butter but I seem to love vaping it. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom