What's new

Can you still get single 18650 battery low wattage mods?

chippytea

Hi all,

Given my advancing age, and a few health issues, I've gone back to MTL vaping. Actually quite enjoying it, have been vaping since 2008 (the old cigalikes, then some funny mods, the screwdriver if anyone remembers that, and then cloud chasing e.t.c. since).

I've just got myself a simple, low end MTL tank and quite like it (Innokin Prism T18E), but my current mod (Geekvape Aegis Legend), despite running either in fixed power of 10W, or bypass mode, sometimes randomly fires hotter than it should, giving quite a burnt hit. It's like the mod simply isn't good at regulating power at the low end - I guess as it's really designed for much more powerful tanks / RDAs.

Do they still make simple, regulated single 18650 battery mods aimed at low power? Years back I definitely had some that were 18650 powered but I'm sure they were 5-20W or similar, back when we were using early rebuildable tanks like the Expromizer v1. I'm hoping a device like that wouldn't blow my coils up!

Thanks in advance, and hope you've all managed to stay away from the cigs as long as I have :D

The only low wattage mods that I can think of off-hand are the 20 Watt internal lipo mods from E-leaf, but I've never had one so I can't say if they are any good or not.

One thing you must bear in mind is the T18 tank has airflow through the 510 so you must use it with a mod that has the appropriate cut outs in the 510 plate to allow air to get into the bottom of the tank.

One option worth looking at is the Innokin Endura T22 Pro kit. The mod has 4 set power levels and it is geared up for the T22 tank that uses the same 1.5 resistance coils so it will work fine with the T18 tank. - as it is sold as a kit only you'll have a spare tank but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Unfortunately it is an internal lipo mod but the battery is around 3,000mah so it should last all day.

If you don't want an internal battery mod ANY adjustable wattage 18650 mod should work with the 18E tank - but don't forget you must have either a mod with cut outs for 510 airflow or don't screw the tank all the way down on the mod so it leaves a tiny gap so the air can get in the 510. I used a t18E tank on a mod without 510 air cut-outs for a while but I had to unscrew the tank slightly to avoid cutting off the airflow - It wobbled slightly, but it worked lol.

I'm not sure why your Aegis mod doesn't work at low wattage as it should - in by-pass mode it should also be ok as it puts out around 4.2V, if the Aegis works fine with other tanks maybe the problem caused by the coil overheating because it isn't getting enough air because of the oldie worldie 510 air system.

Last edited:
As above with the proviso mentioned any 18650 powered mod ought to be able to produce stable low wattages for mtl. Iirc the Eleaf Pico has cutouts on the 510 plate.

Many thanks for the replies above, the coil isn't overheating all the time - 90% of drags are fine. Then you'll get one which is obviously way too hot from nanosecond the fire button is pressed, despite being at 10W or in bypass mode. I'm assuming it's a quirk of running a higher resistance coil at such low wattage on such a device.

I probably ought to get a smaller mod anyway the little T18E looks daft on this dual battery mod, so will look at the suggestions above and see what is suitable.

I don't have to stick to 18650, but I do still have a few new Molicel ones, and even the ones I am using currently have plenty of life in them.

A intermittent bad connection can give really hot hits, the mod see's the resistance as higher then normal and sends too much voltage to the coil. Does the mod have VV variable voltage mode?

A intermittent bad connection can give really hot hits, the mod see's the resistance as higher then normal and sends too much voltage to the coil. Does the mod have VV variable voltage mode?
normally I'd expect the +/-10% tolerance in reading, then a message or "new coil" or "check atomizer"?

Get yourself a Vaporesso Gen 200 mod. Cheap as chips, and light as a feather. The 2 batt mod is lighter and smaller than most single batt mods. Or get the single batt version if you really only want a single batt mod. The Target mod is heavier, so might be better if you are set on a single batt mod.

Get yourself a Vaporesso Gen 200 mod. Cheap as chips, and light as a feather. The 2 batt mod is lighter and smaller than most single batt mods. Or get the single batt version if you really only want a single batt mod. The Target mod is heavier, so might be better if you are set on a single batt mod.

aye but it has the atty sitting in the middle of the mod. that’s no right

Hi all,

Given my advancing age, and a few health issues, I've gone back to MTL vaping. Actually quite enjoying it, have been vaping since 2008 (the old cigalikes, then some funny mods, the screwdriver if anyone remembers that, and then cloud chasing e.t.c. since).

I've just got myself a simple, low end MTL tank and quite like it (Innokin Prism T18E), but my current mod (Geekvape Aegis Legend), despite running either in fixed power of 10W, or bypass mode, sometimes randomly fires hotter than it should, giving quite a burnt hit. It's like the mod simply isn't good at regulating power at the low end - I guess as it's really designed for much more powerful tanks / RDAs.

Do they still make simple, regulated single 18650 battery mods aimed at low power? Years back I definitely had some that were 18650 powered but I'm sure they were 5-20W or similar, back when we were using early rebuildable tanks like the Expromizer v1. I'm hoping a device like that wouldn't blow my coils up!

Thanks in advance, and hope you've all managed to stay away from the cigs as long as I have :D
E-cig clouds has the vaporesso gen 220W for £10 atm, they'll go down to 5W but it is a dual battery mod. My coolfire Z80 goes down to 6W and you can pick one of those up for around £30.

I occasionally use oil carts that have an airflow through the 510, they work fine on the z80 but they're a bit wobbly if I expose the air flow hole, maybe worth looking about for a mod that works with the T18E tank or getting a different one?

I've got loads of isub coils and a few tanks if you want some... Recently started building my own coils on RDA/RDTAs so I could spare a few coils and a tank.

I've never used T18E coils but I've used plenty of zenith and isub coils, I occasionally get a coil that burns out super quick with the ohm showing about 10% increase, maybe it's your coil and not the device? I literally changed an isub coil today that was reading 2.2 ohm and it was a 2.0, I usually vape them around 12W and they last a week or 2. This one must have been 2-3 days with about 6ml juice through it.

Maybe try a fresh coil?

@chippytea hasnt logged in since 1sy july so tagged but that is a great suggestion and a steal at that price. that was my mod of the year around 3-4 years ago and were around the £50 mark when released.

now, yes it is a dual 18650 mod but as said it goes down to 5watts and should last a week between charging if you use low wattage.

Back
Top Bottom