What's new

charger taking ages......

fogstar. they do the plug but i bought a plug from them with the 2 post version, didn't know you needed a different one. another 10 fucking quid now.

yea 4.99 then postage. least postage is only a pound. thought it would have been the usual 3.99

In the short term I'd try charging just 4 batteries at a time putting a battery. It's not a long term answer as you'll still need the upgraded plug to get the full charge rate.

I had a hiccup a while ago when my VC2 couldn't even charge 2 batteries at 0.5 amps lol. I remember taking the USB lead from my battery charger to charge my cheap crappy phone - I subsequently accidentally fitted the skinny USB lead from my phone that was rated to charge the tiny 1 Amp battery in my phone in about 3 hours lol and it couldn't provide enough current to the charger for 2 cells at half an Amp.

It came as a surprise to me as I assumed USB cables would be the same, but no they're not - make sure you have a decent cable to go with the plug or you may have another problem caused by the cable.

In the short term I'd try charging just 4 batteries at a time putting a battery. It's not a long term answer as you'll still need the upgraded plug to get the full charge rate.

I had a hiccup a while ago when my VC2 couldn't even charge 2 batteries at 0.5 amps lol. I remember taking the USB lead from my battery charger to charge my cheap crappy phone - I subsequently accidentally fitted the skinny USB lead from my phone that was rated to charge the tiny 1 Amp battery in my phone in about 3 hours lol and it couldn't provide enough current to the charger for 2 cells at half an Amp.

It came as a surprise to me as I assumed USB cables would be the same, but no they're not - make sure you have a decent cable to go with the plug or you may have another problem caused by the cable.

thx, yea got the cable with the charger, just ordered the plug so will use my old 2 port for now

Back
Top Bottom