What's new

Choices, Choices, Choices

phatbhoy

Postman
Any apes with knowledge of the 3 MTL clones below and what, in their view, is the best?

1. Spica Pro
2. Ulton Don
3. Skyline R

Was a big fan of the Spica Pro when it came out. It was one of the best MTL RTAs of that time. Still have 2 originals knocking around.

Still got an authentic Spica Pro, awesome tanks, the clones I tried were kinda poor and didn't fit together well.
Dunno what the other two are tbh.

Never owned either one tbh.

The SXK Skyline R clone was being sold off for $10 a go on Fasttech instead of the original $30is not so long after it was new - don't know if it was a bad clone or they overestimated demand and couldn't sell them. Don't know if it has any relevance but I read loads of threads about the Skyline R right up to release - and practically nothing afterwards.

Had a Spica Pro clone. Didn't like it one little bit. Think it might have found it's way to @John R if my memory isn't totally shot.

Never owned any of them, but that’s not gonna stop me from commenting :18:

The Spica Pro and the Skyline S were both the talk of the town for their respective eras (talking about a year each at the most). There were many on the FastTech forums who swore by the Skyline, and I even considered buying an authentic one. But I did a bit of research, and I found that quite a few owners weren’t impressed by the flavor (meh was the consensus). On the other hand, I have only read good things about the Spica, and there are many that still swear by them. If I could find a clone somewhere that shipped here, I would probably pick one up just to try it :D

Honestly never heard of the Don before today, but doesn’t it resemble that Aspire atty that was a rta and rda in one? I’m a bit skeptical :hmm:

Apologies, my memory isn't what it used to be.:doh:

Do seem to recall Crew being a fan of the Spica.

She was. I tried to lend one of my originals to her but she was paranoid about breaking it.

Back
Top Bottom