What's new

Cloud Chasing/Sub Ohming for Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get guys and gals, I'm quite new to this so please bare with me, I am just about getting below 1 ohm with my builds, I only have a cheap ass tiny dripper atm but have two questions.
I'm vaping on a Vanilla copper clone, I intend to go to my local B&M store next week to buy a new RDA, can you recommend one from this store ? Atomizers and Drippers - Rebuildable atomizers OR here Rebuildable Atomizers | E Cig RBA - Grey Haze ECig Store (preferably the latter as its nearer lol)

Also I am having real trouble getting my kanthal to touch when building the micro coils, I think this is why I'm struggling to get less then .7 ohms, and that was with a dual coil twisted. I only have 28 gauge Kanthal and a tiny spool which makes it a bugger to work with.
What Kanthal should I get to make that is a good all rounder?
Thanks in advance, I am loving this new hobby man, its sweet and Its saving my life too :thankssign:

Try using 24g. It is more forgiving and easier to build with. Also when wrapping your coils be sure to have a long piece of kanthal so you can pull while wrapping.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Get guys and gals, I'm quite new to this so please bare with me, I am just about getting below 1 ohm with my builds, I only have a cheap ass tiny dripper atm but have two questions.
I'm vaping on a Vanilla copper clone, I intend to go to my local B&M store next week to buy a new RDA, can you recommend one from this store ? Atomizers and Drippers - Rebuildable atomizers OR here Rebuildable Atomizers | E Cig RBA - Grey Haze ECig Store (preferably the latter as its nearer lol)

Also I am having real trouble getting my kanthal to touch when building the micro coils, I think this is why I'm struggling to get less then .7 ohms, and that was with a dual coil twisted. I only have 28 gauge Kanthal and a tiny spool which makes it a bugger to work with.
Thanks in advance, I am loving this new hobby man, its sweet and Its saving my life too :thankssign:

If you are going to Grey Haze, don't be afraid to ask advice in there, they know their shit. It all depends on your budget, do you want the cheapest or the most expensive. Shame they have sold out of the TOBH as I have two of them and they are great devices.

As to making your coils, do you torch (or heat on the gas stove) the Kanthal first? It can make it easier to wrap the coils, I have had no difficulty getting down to a 0.3 ohm dual coil build with 0.3mm Kanthal. Epic clouds with 0 nic 100% VG lol.

It depends how much you're wanting to spend. If it was me I'd go for either the Infinite CLT or the Magma for the lower priced ones as they're in stock.

Get a patriot and twist up 7 strands of 0.30 kanthal run it parallel and will come out around 0.16 great for flavour and dense clouds. But if your getting into building low builds I would be very careful with doing it on clones as they are not built to the same standard IMO. And for sure stay away from anything with a spring in the button. Magnets are far far safer. Stay safe and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Infinite CLT RDA - Grey Haze ECig Store

That.
With a 22awg 4 wrap. ;)

Clone attys are okay for sensible builds, but their insulators melt with very low ohm builds. I have only got one clone rda that has peek insulators.

posted by an unauthorised idiot :P

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1407516891.087578.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1407516911.953766.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1407516937.700418.jpg

5 wraps of 22 gauge 0.04 but you will need real big airflow you need to cut out channels to cool the coils to really get dense clouds.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1407517131.910658.jpg

Or this

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1407517166.262943.jpg

Get a patriot and twist up 7 strands of 0.30 kanthal run it parallel and will come out around 0.16 great for flavour and dense clouds. But if your getting into building low builds I would be very careful with doing it on clones as they are not built to the same standard IMO. And for sure stay away from anything with a spring in the button. Magnets are far far safer. Stay safe and enjoy.

Where can I get a decent second hand OG mech? Ebay is FULL of nemi clones, I bought a white Manhattan clone from Grey Haze last week, I quite like it tbh, the magnet swithc is good and the contacts seem solid, in contrast i've been using a Vanilla copper clone this weekend and its well shoddy, I dunno what 'vapingwith420' was thinking in his review especially as he had the og to compare it to.
So giving the Vanilla clone back with its loose threads, loose connections and badoingy spring. :28: the manhattan clone may not be copper and that may not make it hit as hard for some reason but the switch.
Yeh is there a decent website dealing in second hand OG mods.??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom