What's new

Dead Rabbit Max

Not exactly a comprehensive review but if you like a big, beefy RDA to visually suit a beefy mod, with oodles of space for coils and dripped juice but with taste intensity of a little deck like the DR Solo or Wasp Pro (with surprisingly good, smooth, quiet airflow considering the rabbit's eyes design !), do consider picking one of these up.

So far I have tried the Dead Rabbit MtL tank, the v3 and the Solo and they have all been good so I'm not surprised that the Max is also another very good atty in the DR series.

Yep, I'm a big fan too, I have the HellBeast from the same company - 3 of them in fact :O... I went a bit mad... and they are very good but the Rabbits just seems better for taste. The Max, even though it's massive, has a pretty snug chamber inside with thick walls above post level so isn't that much bigger inside than the others but you don't want to drop it on your foot :)

Also, the hellbeast has the posts slightly offset so needs you to remember to wrap coils one way around or it's a bit of a faff with too much leg on one end, it works well the right way around, gives a little more space for cotton but easy to forget.

With me trying so many juices at the moment I was losing track so have packed some kit away and 'just' run 6 mods now, and 4 of them have have DRs fitted (2 Solo, one V3, one Max, plus a Thunderhead that will be replaced by another Max soon).

The other RDA being a Recurve V2 on my ancient Luxotic squonker that lives in the garden. Damn good taste that RDA (again, another small chamber - think you mentioned you had one too), but I've never been aesthetically comfortable with the curved shape !

(Oh... 7, I forgot the squonker in my leave-the-premises bag... think there's a HellBeast on that !)

Last edited:
Yeah I went a bit mad as well with the Solo's and I now have 8 of them. LOL :)

@Genghis Fogs also very kindly sent me a Nitrous RDA which is probably the closest alternative to the DR Solo and also produces an excellent vape. I have a second Nitrous coming today hopefully.

Not exactly a comprehensive review but if you like a big, beefy RDA to visually suit a beefy mod, with oodles of space for coils and dripped juice but with taste intensity of a little deck like the DR Solo or Wasp Pro (with surprisingly good, smooth, quiet airflow considering the rabbit's eyes design !), do consider picking one of these up.
Like you say these are great RDAs in fact it's the only RDA i use these days i love em so much that i own 5 of them.

(Oh... 7, I forgot the squonker in my leave-the-premises bag... think there's a HellBeast on that !)
Ah.. the other one on my travel mod is a Dead Rabbit Pro, not a HellBeast - the 'Pro' also very good and low profile (small chamber again), so good for the pocket/bag - so that's 6 DRs out of 7 RDAs - I've obviously got it bad too !

Yeah I went a bit mad as well with the Solo's and I now have 8 of them. LOL :)

@Genghis Fogs also very kindly sent me a Nitrous RDA which is probably the closest alternative to the DR Solo and also produces an excellent vape. I have a second Nitrous coming today hopefully.
The Nitrous does look good, with the alternative caps - or the vaping design of it looks good, visually it's a bit like the Wasp nano Pro, not so pretty... which really shouldn't be a factor but... :)

Bet it tastes great though, almost tempted but same price as another DR Max so will get that first, I have the fairly stupidly large Dovpo Odin DNA250 that always looks a bit ridiculous with normal sized decks, so want another Max to go on that.

I did try the Aromatizer RTDA for it - the big V3 version - it's a very large and clever tank that has a lot going for it but I went against my 'no bottom vented tanks ever again, ever, ever' rule in buying it. However carefully you set it up and studiously cut off the reservoir while filling, and never having it more than 45 degrees-ish off the vertical; it might be fine for days or even weeks but one day it'll dump a load of juice down your mod for no obvious reason - like just about every other bottom vented tank I guess !

A attie that really surprised me recently is the Pyro V4 the flavour is immense, Took a punt on it on clearance glad I did. The fill port is to small though.

Dont really need another RDA but if the Nitrous with tank came with single coil cap and BF pin I'd be tempted.

The Nitrous does look good, with the alternative caps - or the vaping design of it looks good, visually it's a bit like the Wasp nano Pro, not so pretty... which really shouldn't be a factor but... :)

Bet it tastes great though, almost tempted but same price as another DR Max so will get that first, I have the fairly stupidly large Dovpo Odin DNA250 that always looks a bit ridiculous with normal sized decks, so want another Max to go on that.

I did try the Aromatizer RTDA for it - the big V3 version - it's a very large and clever tank that has a lot going for it but I went against my 'no bottom vented tanks ever again, ever, ever' rule in buying it. However carefully you set it up and studiously cut off the reservoir while filling, and never having it more than 45 degrees-ish off the vertical; it might be fine for days or even weeks but one day it'll dump a load of juice down your mod for no obvious reason - like just about every other bottom vented tank I guess !

Yeah those sudden occasional juice dumps have always been a feature of my Blotto tanks which also have bottom airflow.

I can't really seperate the Nitrous and DR Solo for flavour. As long as you find the best way to coil and wick them to suit what you like best the flavour is fantastic on both. I also have two of the Odin DNA250C mods which are still going strong after 4 1/2 years. As I only switched to squonking a few months ago I only had a couple of squonk mods so I got a couple of Steam Crave Pumpers to go on top of the Odins so I could squonk with them. It makes them pretty huge to vape on but they're fine for indoors.

Back
Top Bottom