What's new

Dinner Ladies Range

I’m not sure what the appeal is, I hated the shite the dinner ladies would serve up to me at school.

My local B+M won't be stocking it any more, and from what he says many others will cease to sell it too. They dropped the retail price, but not the wholesale price making it uneconomic to give it shelf space. The owner phoned them up to ask if they would be dropping the wholesale price inline with the reduction to the public... And was pretty much told.. We are big players you as a shop have to put up or shut up if you want to sell our products... And that was the end of that conversation.

My local B+M won't be stocking it any more, and from what he says many others will cease to sell it too. They dropped the retail price, but not the wholesale price making it uneconomic to give it shelf space. The owner phoned them up to ask if they would be dropping the wholesale price inline with the reduction to the public... And was pretty much told.. We are big players you as a shop have to put up or shut up if you want to sell our products... And that was the end of that conversation.

That's some arrogance if true. No matter how big they believe themselves to be they seriously need as many point of sale as possible surely? Kind of attitude that will sell out to the first big tobacco company wanting to add existing juice ranges to their portfolios,,,,

They've done fantastically. It's the British way to find fault in success. I don't know about margins but they are far from the only eliquid available so if shop's choose not to stock it it's no biggie. I like the fact they seem to be keeping the price to the consumer down.
It would be nice to see a few more of our favorite companies do as well.

Back
Top Bottom