What's new

Discard a stressed battery?

livecig

Initiate
Hi!

Been using a dual 0.3 ohm setup on my Istick 50w, and sadly I didn't think twice when I used my mod with a AW 2200 amp battery to dry burn the coils when cleaning them. I noticed heat from my mod, but thought it was heat from the coils that made it hot. Should I discard the battery? Been testing it in my mod today after recharging it, and it seems to work ok.

Hi!

Been using a dual 0.3 ohm setup on my Istick 50w, and sadly I didn't think twice when I used my mod with a AW 2200 amp battery to dry burn the coils when cleaning them. I noticed heat from my mod, but thought it was heat from the coils that made it hot. Should I discard the battery? Been testing it in my mod today after recharging it, and it seems to work ok.

If the battey did get too hot it could be damaged & if so then it's not a bad idea to just replace it. If it just got warm then it should be ok. If it gets uncomfortably warm during normal use then get rid.

Err on the side of safety...Bin it....batteries are pretty cheap.....cheaper than a visit to a hospital anyway.

Back
Top Bottom