What's new

DNA 250 Resistance lock feature

ADDicT

Achiever
I have a DNA chip mod and am trying to figure out how the resistance locking feature works, as the title may suggest.

I am using some SS coils right now and as we know the resistance changes with temp quite drastically, but I was under the impression that the locking feature on the DNA mods would combat this or something to that effect.

The reason I am asking about this is because I am still seeing the resistance changing on the screen as the temp changes, is this normal?

it is normal. all my mods do it.
So does the resistance lock just tell the chip to send the same amount of current and voltage to the coil no matter what then? This is my first DNA mod and first time using SS coils on anything.

So does the resistance lock just tell the chip to send the same amount of current and voltage to the coil no matter what then? This is my first DNA mod and first time using SS coils on anything.

the dna mods i have are all older ones and i don’t think they have a resistance lock function. the resistance fluctuates quite a bit. it hasn’t caused any problems in power or tc mode (only used this on dna 60, as the 40 only supports ni200).

mods with arctic fox firmware do this as well.

if i fire it just now and watch the screen the resistance goes up by about 0.1 Ω just after firing but then it stays pretty much constant anyway.

I have a DNA chip mod and am trying to figure out how the resistance locking feature works, as the title may suggest.

I am using some SS coils right now and as we know the resistance changes with temp quite drastically, but I was under the impression that the locking feature on the DNA mods would combat this or something to that effect.

The reason I am asking about this is because I am still seeing the resistance changing on the screen as the temp changes, is this normal?
DNA boards report live, hence you'll see the fluctuations in Ohm, volts & watts. Perfectly normal & working as intended. As long as the mod recognises the coil when first fitted & asks you to accept the new reading, it is locked in when you click yes. If resistance fluctuates more than expected, plug into Escribe & use Device Monitor to see exactly what's happening when you fire. This will normally be caused by poorly fitted coils, loose screws or issue with the atties 510.

I think all it does is lock in the resistance to what it should be when it's at room temp, it won't stop the resistance changing when you fire it, one that's impossible and two, it needs to read that change for TC to work.

I think all it does is lock in the resistance to what it should be when it's at room temp, it won't stop the resistance changing when you fire it, one that's impossible and two, it needs to read that change for TC to work.
Not using TC right now, just power mode.

DNA boards report live, hence you'll see the fluctuations in Ohm, volts & watts. Perfectly normal & working as intended. As long as the mod recognises the coil when first fitted & asks you to accept the new reading, it is locked in when you click yes. If resistance fluctuates more than expected, plug into Escribe & use Device Monitor to see exactly what's happening when you fire. This will normally be caused by poorly fitted coils, loose screws or issue with the atties 510.
It's only a small change, like 0.03-0.05, just not what I was expecting to happen.

Back
Top Bottom