What's new

DNA 250 Resistance lock feature

It's only a small change, like 0.03-0.05, just not what I was expecting to happen.
As I said DNA boards show live data. As you're using a TC capable wire it will still show the resistance change in power mode. Quite a few mods will do this. As long as initial resistance is accepted it works from that resistance.

On my dna 60 the resistance reading changes in VW mode and it’s usually showing above the original cold reading.

when I flip to TC mode the resistance shown is constant and it’s the original reading from when the coil went in.

confused me too.

On my dna 60 the resistance reading changes in VW mode and it’s usually showing above the original cold reading.

when I flip to TC mode the resistance shown is constant and it’s the original reading from when the coil went in.

confused me too.
Yeah I got this figured out now, messing with TC now and not 100% sure if I like it or not. Get a nice hit right to the point where it gets to temp limit, then it seems to just get cold again. I know it's not getting cold again because still getting vape, but it's an odd experience.

Yeah I got this figured out now, messing with TC now and not 100% sure if I like it or not. Get a nice hit right to the point where it gets to temp limit, then it seems to just get cold again. I know it's not getting cold again because still getting vape, but it's an odd experience.

i started a thread in the BB sub forum today about this - it might be worth reading that.

the short story is that I had my wattage set too high. Someone recommended normal wattage plus 20% and that really sorted it out.

subsequently I’ve dialled down the preheat wattage and punch in escribe and that’s helped too.

if you get on escribe you can look at the charts of a pull and tune it. Originally I had a steep spike up to temp and constant temp protection kicking in - same as you a weak unsatisfying vape. It’s a million times better now.

i started a thread in the BB sub forum today about this - it might be worth reading that.

the short story is that I had my wattage set too high. Someone recommended normal wattage plus 20% and that really sorted it out.

subsequently I’ve dialled down the preheat wattage and punch in escribe and that’s helped too.

if you get on escribe you can look at the charts of a pull and tune it. Originally I had a steep spike up to temp and constant temp protection kicking in - same as you a weak unsatisfying vape. It’s a million times better now.
It seems ok when I bump the temp up a little higher, but it becomes uncomfortably warm on longer draws.

Should probably mention that I'm a DTL vaper also.

Should probably mention that I'm a DTL vaper also.
I think the approach is probably similar just higher wattage.

what temp are you set at?

might be worth checking the preheat wattage in escribe. On my mod it was set to 60w which was way too much for a MTL setup.

If it’s the same on yours (I.e board max watts) you might find it’s that which is getting the coil too hot too fast.

dialing the preheat down also gave me a vape a bit closer to wattage and with a bit of ramp up time. The upshot with TC is that it keeps on top of the heat/dry hits

I think the approach is probably similar just higher wattage.

what temp are you set at?

might be worth checking the preheat wattage in escribe. On my mod it was set to 60w which was way too much for a MTL setup.

If it’s the same on yours (I.e board max watts) you might find it’s that which is getting the coil too hot too fast.

dialing the preheat down also gave me a vape a bit closer to wattage and with a bit of ramp up time. The upshot with TC is that it keeps on top of the heat/dry hits
Just on the default which is 100w, I've changed to 80 which seems to have made the issue worse rather than better. Just got a massive gob of hot juice and have a burnt tongue now :(

Just on the default which is 100w, I've changed to 80 which seems to have made the issue worse rather than better. Just got a massive gob of hot juice and have a burnt tongue now :(

Oh dear, sorry mate! It seemed to do the trick on mine.

Back
Top Bottom